Would A 205 Gti Engine Fit In My 1986 Starlet

thinking of buying a 205 gti engine, would this fit in my starlet

Sorry but why the fook would you wanna do that?????

Like yer hear is my jap starlet with a 205 engine in it....

Mmmm ok what ever float's ya boat i suppose....

It would cost more getting things custom made to make the french bomb sit in the bay, i would rather put a 4EFTE in direct fit many parts available plenty of mods, better on petrol and wont self distruct 5mins after start up lol

Its different i will give ya that!

Yes im guessing it could be made to fit, its like anything really, how much time and money do you want to spend?

Im guessing something like this hasn't really been done and you won't have anyone who will be able to advise but would be possible. They are roughly the same size engine bay i guess so would fit. The problem will be when you come to connecting things up, driveshafts will need to be custom made unless you convert the hubs to peugot and then the rest of it.

Personally i would stick with a jap engine but thats me, if you really want to put a 205gti engine in it then go for it.....if we where all the same life would be boring!

Jason :)

• 4 weeks later...

:( Its funny to see reactions like this.

i think the 205 engine in the car would be awsome definately something else... got good power in them too

aslong as its not a Rover engine you should be good man.

theres plenty of space in the bay for the engine to be fitted, the mounts for the engine will have to be made up

if this gets done ill be keeping my eye on it!

:( Its funny to see reactions like this.

i think the 205 engine in the car would be awsome definately something else... got good power in them too

aslong as its not a Rover engine you should be good man.

theres plenty of space in the bay for the engine to be fitted, the mounts for the engine will have to be made up

if this gets done ill be keeping my eye on it!

agreed, i am a fan of these engines because i have seen first hand what they can do and what they can perform like.

BUT.......

If anything i would suggest putting a 4efte in a 205 gti shell now that would be a good combination

agreed, i am a fan of these engines because i have seen first hand what they can do and what they can perform like.

BUT.......

If anything i would suggest putting a 4efte in a 205 gti shell now that would be a good combination

i looked into this before, simple enough to be honest, and i know how good powerful 205's are.

the 205 gti engine is a daft idea into the starlet tho, then engine is not very strong, lots of weak points, its no good for above 200bhp, a 4efte makes that easy.

but you cant beat the noise of a gti6 on bodies.

scot-ish i think i have to disagree with you on the engine saying its not strong.

the engines are good and can be kicked in constantly with no fuss.. mi16's get thrashed to death an they live for ever! one of my close friends thrashed his until it hit shy of 200k on the clock and spat a conrod through the block

i havent come across any starlet manage that lol. fact i havent come across a 4efte with over 100k miles.. anyone got one lol? and i dont mean kilometers...

scot-ish i think i have to disagree with you on the engine saying its not strong.

the engines are good and can be kicked in constantly with no fuss.. mi16's get thrashed to death an they live for ever! one of my close friends thrashed his until it hit shy of 200k on the clock and spat a conrod through the block

i havent come across any starlet manage that lol. fact i havent come across a 4efte with over 100k miles.. anyone got one lol? and i dont mean kilometers...

i think youl find the mi16 is from a 405, not a 205.

the 205 1.6 and 1.9 are weak engines, ive had plenty, i was peugeot for 5 or 6 years before i came to this side.

mi16 on bodies, a few 1.9 on carbs, 1.6 on carbs, plenty of variations between me and my mates, and the peugeot 205 engines are not strong, and dont make no power, there 8v's and they last at standard power, but when you push them right up, the shit themselves.

the car is only a legend because of how well balanced the chassis is, and for fwd, its the best handling car ive ever drove.

i looked into a 4efte to put into the 205 about 3 months before i bought the starlet, and i think when ive got a bit of time, i will still continue with it.

oh, and have a look on tgtt, there is a thread about mileage, im sure there are lots over 100k, and some with many more.

how do you know the mileage on the mi16? did he have the clocks from the 405? or are you claiming shell mileage as engine mileage?

I think a 4EFTE in a 205 would be awesome!!

Must agree with scot-ish. My 205 was definatly the best handling car I have ever driven. New exactly what it was doing and sooooooo much fun!!!

someone do it!!!

adam

Just so you know.. i know what car the engine comes from i was/am french fanatic.

the familys had many a french over the years, lost my 106 before getting the starlet. heart breaker that was

the engine he bought had in the previous car stated at 180k odd on clock.. before it was swapped (no rebuild).. thats how he got it on the cheeps. and seeing though all he did was drive almost every night all the time in the car. the 20k was cover'd pretty quickly so was definately engine miles im talking about.

the 205 gti's are renound for their engines (not talking about mi16). since production i cant recall the percentages but the 205 being too fast also claimed to be a death machine.. being involved with a high amount of colision/deaths within the first year of production... folk just couldnt handle the power - both the 1.6 & 1.9 have great power and torqy for their age now.

My little Glanza's got 101,000 miles on it (163,000kms) and is still running as sweet as a nut :D)

Just so you know.. i know what car the engine comes from i was/am french fanatic.

the familys had many a french over the years, lost my 106 before getting the starlet. heart breaker that was

the engine he bought had in the previous car stated at 180k odd on clock.. before it was swapped (no rebuild).. thats how he got it on the cheeps. and seeing though all he did was drive almost every night all the time in the car. the 20k was cover'd pretty quickly so was definately engine miles im talking about.

the 205 gti's are renound for their engines (not talking about mi16). since production i cant recall the percentages but the 205 being too fast also claimed to be a death machine.. being involved with a high amount of colision/deaths within the first year of production... folk just couldnt handle the power - both the 1.6 & 1.9 have great power and torqy for their age now.

i have also had atleast ten 205's(1.6, 1.9's on carbs, mi16, s16, gti6 on bodies, and my mate even hada turbo gti6) or 106's( about 5 xsi's, 16v's, vtr engine on bodies, GMC built ax feature car engine in 1 of my 106's) and a few other peugeots, i know enough about them engines to say the 205 engines are not particularly strong, and the statement about power, maybe so, that are over 20years old now, and 120bhp was a good bit of power then without a blower

here are some of mine, and my mates track car aswell

000_0793.jpg

carbed205.jpg

1.8 deisel bottom end, 1.9 head, 1.6 gearbox. was fun till it spat a rod.

205track.jpg

the track car, basically gti6 on bodies, 209whp, most of the work was done by eccose,

205throttlebay.jpg

gmc built vtr egine on bodies.

DSC00070.jpg

was in this

000_0815.jpg

my mates gti6 turbo.

205turbo.jpg

205turbocar.jpg

and my last car i sold to buy the starlet.

quickyfinished.jpg

quickfinishedrear.jpg