Starlets On Track + Pits @ Japfest 2

gutted about the batteries for the second video session :lol:

haha yeh how did you miss it?!?!? he had a massive spin trying to follow me through the s-bend and got red flagged lmao hahahaa <_<

Yeah i stopped because i saw flames coming out the back and then geo stopped and we got bollocked afterwards.

Oh well

Haha yehh il hunt anything down, bring it onnnn lol. the only difference was he pulled away out out a bend when i was spinning the n.s wheel lol... then it was hard to catch up!

dan you what?? how and why did you get bollocked?? was a big spin out lol!

Loving the pics and video <_< Yours does light up the inside wheel quite bad doesnt it, mines the same. Although its difficult on the throttle you should have a go at feathering the throttle through the corners to limit the wheel spin, its hard to do as the temptation to just floor it is always there, i try to feather as much as possible so its only wheel spinning slightly and as soon as the car is nearly straight i'll give it the full beans.

Makes quite a bit of difference getting the power down as otherwise your wheel spinning in the corner and also in a straight line which is bad :lol:

Just gotta lean to tame the lead foot, its bloody hard though in the starlet because the power is so ON/OFF!!

Awsome pictures :o

you guys not running lsd's? thought you where getting a lot of spin in the vids, hybrid ct9's are sooo tourqy though wich sort of is a bad thing in the bends but rocks in the straights!!

Yehh that was at 3/4 throttle most of the time taggy :/

I did a comparison though in the second session and I found it was quicker spinning up and powering through the spin than to feathering it :/ as it does still go you just rinse the tyre.

But it is hard work getting it right, my driving was pretty shit in the first session, I didn't use all track and was more trying to get to know the circuit ready for the 2nd go. The brakes failed really bad in the first aswell so I had NO faith entering a bend, but I tried to use them alot less in the second which made a massive difference!

And nah I'm not shorty, and I'm not used to driving an ep without an l.s.d so it's hard to adapt backwards aswell so to speak. But either way still had a great laugh :-))

Doing all these track days i have found that the starlet has two major weak points the stock brake setup, even with uprated pads and discs its just to much for the current callipers, 10-15mins of heavy track driving and i have to come off as the brakes cook them selves, i think i must be boilin the brake fluid or somthing as the brake pedal goes really soft and to the floor.

The other one is the power delivery, the combination of lightweight and high torque just lights the tyre up, so my track plan is super sticky tyres to try get more traction and eventually uprated brake system and lsd :p (but thats another project!!)

Yehh that was at 3/4 throttle most of the time taggy :/

I did a comparison though in the second session and I found it was quicker spinning up and powering through the spin than to feathering it :/ as it does still go you just rinse the tyre.

But it is hard work getting it right, my driving was pretty shit in the first session, I didn't use all track and was more trying to get to know the circuit ready for the 2nd go. The brakes failed really bad in the first aswell so I had NO faith entering a bend, but I tried to use them alot less in the second which made a massive difference!

And nah I'm not shorty, and I'm not used to driving an ep without an l.s.d so it's hard to adapt backwards aswell so to speak. But either way still had a great laugh :-))