Focus Rs Aint All That

probly get post removed but just wna say was in macdonlads car park and a rs turnt up with 2 young blokes he got out and i said mate you wna race i said not with me but with my mates gt he looked at front and went pfffftt you seroius? i said yeah matewe waited for them to come out and i said u wna then he said yh so while he was gettin ready paul had a race with a 1.6 gti 106 and canned it. came back and the rs was like aint waitin all day mate wastin petrol, i got 400bhp and twin turbo. made me laugh.

so starlet comes round rs pulls out and goes gets a head start so then starlet pulls behind a tad next minuite the starlet is up his ass had to let of the focus moved over and starlet flew past.

they pulled over and said fucking hell. and just went probly to embarrsed.

just makes me laugh

25k car gets beat by a 3k TD04 with 220bhp?

hahahaa

must say was shocked myself. biggin up his rs yh bruv 400bhp well bruv you just burnt a hole in your suit case

enough said thanks

And was this the old rs focus or new rs?

Guessing the new one as you mention the 25K price tag, it cleary wasnt a 400bhp twin turbo lol

More like standard form, being 300ish in which case i can beleive that a td04 starlet could beat it due to being so much lightr

The 2.5L turbocharged inline five-cylinder engine generates 300hp (224kW) at 6,500rpm and 325lb-ft of torque (440Nm)between 2,300 and 4,500rpm. Acceleration from a stop to 100km/h (62mph) takes just 5.9 seconds and the car carries on to a top speed of 263km/h (164mph). Pricing in Europe will reportedly be set at â?¬39,000 ($51,644). Despite the rapid performance, it's fairly efficient, rated at 33.6mpg US (7.0L/100km) extra-urban and 17.5mpg (13.4L/100km) in town for a combined average of 25mpg (9.4L/100km), which translates to an average CO2 emissions of 225g/km. Both are due in part to the relatively low 3,227lb (1,467kg) curb weight.

woop. i made a thread on the tggt and got slated for it. But yeah i had 1 up my ass at on A127 coming from Southend. So i pull in the midle lane and when he got next to me i dropped it into 3rd and i was pulling on him. He then tries it again lol.

starlet > rs

You'd have a game on with the old rs, they're evil lol

Damien

Agree my mate had the old focus rs he's got the new one now and it was running 300bhp but it was a diffrent 300bhp to the new rs the old rs was off its tits it won every big boy car around my way FACT...The torque on the new rs is unreal though so im not pulling it down that much all it needs is more boost and i can see the new rs been a right animal!!!

My mate kurt has one of the old rs's striped out and he's just done loads of engine bits ie mani fmi turbo and that thing is insane it's like 400-420bhp at the fly i'm very cautious about racin the old ones :/

Agree my mate had the old focus rs he's got the new one now and it was running 300bhp but it was a diffrent 300bhp to the new rs the old rs was off its tits it won every big boy car around my way FACT...The torque on the new rs is unreal though so im not pulling it down that much all it needs is more boost and i can see the new rs been a right animal!!!

I can remember racing one at trax once, was a mental piece of kit lol, we had our own little race going. They're bonkers for a car. As for the new one, yeah they're nice cars but it#ll forever remain a tame car compared to what it could be.

Damien

You'd have a game on with the old rs, they're evil lol

Damien

i disagree the new RS's are a hell of a lot quicker than the old RS's i had a quick head to head against an old RS running about 250bhp (fairly standard) when my black GT was running about 170bhpish and comfpratably past him. he's running a lot more than that now though so im guessing its a weapon lol

was very supriised at this.

none of us belived a starlet td04 could beat rs

and then we see it?

its just amazing lol.

the man in the RS was pretty young and he was shocked because all he kept saying is i doubt he will beat and yeah look at it Blah blah think he had abit of intergestion on eating has macdonalds in a record time of 2 minutes.

Goood old starlets do us well!!

just makes you think

RS new focus is on the list.

what is possibly next!?

i disagree the new RS's are a hell of a lot quicker than the old RS's i had a quick head to head against an old RS running about 250bhp (fairly standard) when my black GT was running about 170bhpish and comfpratably past him. he's running a lot more than that now though so im guessing its a weapon lol

They might be a lot quicker outright, but the old rs was so much more fun! The track day I went on with my corsa, I never had so much fun with another car lol, porsches, lambos etc didnt touch us going round lol. Much more of a drivers car lol. Infact, i'm gonna look at buying one lol, I miss boost!

Damien