My All Black 230bhp td04 Ep82

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cheers for the comments chaps!

Sparky - yes mate the standard brakes are pants!! some Willwoods will be on the cards after the fuel reg and injectors :) and no dont have an lsd mate, think i need one because traction is a bit of an issue lol going to get it forged after xmas with an lsd then decide whether to sell up or keep going!

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry mate only just saw this! No if yu compress the spring that won't make any difference In height only the spring rate! You need to wind the top 2 rings down so the spring becomes loose, not to much though, inch tops! This just means the spring rate on the rear will not be adjustable as your sacrificing it for a lower ride height! It also means your loosig some suspesion travel but I've had no issue in doin this! Hope this helps bud!

Cheers

Tom

• 2 weeks later...

Little update gents!!

As some of you may know had my car mapped at AFR tuning and made 230 bhp but with the injectors maxed at 100% cycle rate lol! So recently received a set of 380 cc injectors from a lad off the forum riko666 ( top lad ) and ordered a RRFPR from TM developments to bring the cycle rate down so its a bit safer!! Booked in at AFR this monday for fitment and a retune!

Will update with results when i mapping is done

Cheers

Tom

Cheers lads!

Will get them posted up with the new graph when i get back!!

just need to get the brakes and a forge build then track prep it for feb march time!! Then i will let you all in on a little secret I've been keeping for the last year!!!

lol gotta keep you thinking sparky!! its bin sat in the garage getting started up twice a week because i was a nob and bought it before i could insure it!! bought the starlet originally just for gettin from A to B for the year but i couldnt help myself from adding a few bits lol!! All will be revealed soon enough though :D

• 3 weeks later...

Put a review on the site for you ricky!! didnt put to much thought id let the results and the build thread do the talking for me lol!! Went to AFR tuning again and got injectors and reg fitted and map adjusted to bring the cycle rate down! feels even smoother on part throttle!!! Now also have the launch control and anti lag set up properly on the vpro :) .5 bar of boost stood still!! not to mention the pops and bangs :)

Had a few races which i can report on!!!

Mates Supra 380 bhp twin turbo ( Sat level with it to about 120 but then needed to brake!! )

Mates Seat Ibiza 290 bhp ( 2nd level 3rd pulled away slightly :wub:

Waiting for the lad who was with me in the passenger seat to send me the vid of me and the supra!!

Sparky will send you the pic tonight mate!!

Defo will NOT be selling after seeing what this car is capable of just at this stage!! Will be keeping for the track!

Cheers

Tom

Put a review on the site for you ricky!! didnt put to much thought id let the results and the build thread do the talking for me lol!! Went to AFR tuning again and got injectors and reg fitted and map adjusted to bring the cycle rate down! feels even smoother on part throttle!!! Now also have the launch control and anti lag set up properly on the vpro :D .5 bar of boost stood still!! not to mention the pops and bangs :wub:

Had a few races which i can report on!!!

Mates Supra 380 bhp twin turbo ( Sat level with it to about 120 but then needed to brake!! )

Mates Seat Ibiza 290 bhp ( 2nd level 3rd pulled away slightly :)

Waiting for the lad who was with me in the passenger seat to send me the vid of me and the supra!!

Sparky will send you the pic tonight mate!!

Defo will NOT be selling after seeing what this car is capable of just at this stage!! Will be keeping for the track!

Cheers

Tom

I don't think the review worked right.

Glad your enjoying the car though. :)

Great Result Tom with the awesome list of parts and I am loving the all black. One question, why did you chose the Gizzmo MS2 over the usual suspects (Blitz, HKS, Greddy)? How is it in action?

I have a gizzmo dual stage shift light; it is awesome and one of my favourite things on my car. Its set up is just different from any shift light that I seen and the LEDs are the brightest. I was thinking about getting the boost controller (MS-IBC or MS2) but I wanted some real people reviews.

Thanks

Omar