Total n0ob to starlets...help me

Hey guys im Tom and i signed up a few days ago as im looking for a car, (i passed last tuesday), and starlets caught my eye.

Well i originally wanted a honda civic...but insurance on one it rather high, and i heard that the 1.3 sportif? is pretty quick....

Well just a few questions...

What are the actual names of the starlets? as in a 92 civic, i s a EG...etc

How hard are aftermarket parts to get for the starlets?

Do you think i shud get one?

haha

Cheers Guys, Tom

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to UKSC Tommy!

Starlets are a good choice of car, they range from nippy to speedy depending on what you go for, plus they are all damn efficient with fuel consumption so pretty easy to run.

Someone with more experience than I shall no doubt be along to fill you in with more details soon enough.

In the mean-time, enjoy your stay! :mellow:

chars dude, nice welcome....im in the process of decidin starlet 1.3 or spend the extra £200 and get the civic....

im guessin i know what the answer shall be but hey? which do you think

Is that £200 more on insurance?

Not sure what price Civics go for but if it's the car you really want would recommend going for the Civic

(not being a traitor guys, just being honest :mellow:) although the Starlet is a damn good car for the money you pay for one.

Is your choice at the end of the day.

Once again not very familier with Civics but as an example of unmodified Starlet 0-60mph times:

(all have 1.3 engines)

n/a (non turbo) Starlets - 11.9 sec

turbocharged Starlets (Glanza and GT Turbo) - 6.9 sec

Hope that helps a bit :mellow:

Between £1500 - £2500 for a good condition, low mileage one.

Paid £2400 for mine (S-reg) with only 36000 miles on it

Only go up to R reg too by the way (was replaced by the Toyota Yaris)

Hey Tommy :mellow:

Welcome to the site!

The non-turbo Ep91 is in the Group 5 tax bracket.

Here is a little summary I wrote a while ago, it serves well as a little introduction into the starlet world and hopefully get you up to scratch a little.

>>Starlet Summary<<

Happy Reading...

Hope it Helps...

Joz

Greetings and welcome to UKSC dude!! I say plump for a decent condition starlet, can pick them up for relativley little, check out the cars for sale section, theres usually some SR models goin in there!!!

And ... **cough cough civic cough cough** ... is a dirty word on this forum!!!! B):mellow::p:D

Phil.

buy a starlet mate, you will not regret it. i can assure you they are alot faster than 1.3 civics as my bro has one.

one reason to buy a starlet......... i took it to a hand car wash place today, the guy said what car is it? what engine is it? and said he loved it!

its highly unlikly (well where i live anyway) that you will ever pull up at the lights next to another modified one.

1.3 civics are cool but if its go you want then they arent much cop.

Riteo, sorry for the accusation Si.

Tis me being simple :mellow:

As for the insurance group for n/a's I think group 5 is still pretty high considering some more powerful cars are in lower groups but then again Starlet's are worth paying out for to be honest :p