Basically ive got a hks actuator and my wastegate is ported as much as possible but the boost still creeps to fuel cut :). Is there any other way of stopping this ?? Its the standard manifold, hks exhaust with decat. Got a fmic aswell if that makes any difference. Boost is set at .6 bar. Would a boost controller aid this atall ?? Thanks.

Boost controller will help alot..also if you have moved the air filter to the front bumper puting the stock EFI pipe back on and also the OEM airbox intsead of a cone airfiler will help go for the cheapest first :) ..The days are getting colder so it will only happen more!!!

i very much doubt a boost controller will cure your boost creep. it will just bring on boost quicker, then creep, if you think about it the actuator will be fully opening the wastegate, the boost controller wont open it anymore, it will just open it quicker. restricting the intake is going to be far more effective and a lot cheaper.

i very much doubt a boost controller will cure your boost creep. it will just bring on boost quicker, then creep, if you think about it the actuator will be fully opening the wastegate, the boost controller wont open it anymore, it will just open it quicker. restricting the intake is going to be far more effective and a lot cheaper.

so how come some people can get it working fine and some cant ?? My mates got more or less exactly the same mods as me and his hold perfect at .8 bar. Hes got a manual boost controller

mate i have had many threads on here about my trouble with various problems with boost creep the thing that cured mine was manifold my wg is also ported and was complete waste of time either revert to a standard air filter or get a hybrid turbo as the standard turbo is crap or get all supporting mods to run more boost. a manifold and a front mount will help out a lot. i can guaranttee a manifold will show a vast improvement not positive on intercooler caus i use the ARC tmic.

So my advice to you is either :

hybrid turbo

or

get manifold see how you go with that

or get supporting mods to run more boost

or use standard air box but with cat back decat etc more than likely will creep to fuel cut

i recently contacted monster motorsport with regards to my boost creep they told me my problem is that im still using the standard turbo once i get round to buying a hybrid i will post my know how on the situation.

despite what ever you techys say i have learnt this 1st hand to my own knowledge and have tried and tested various things along the way as my car started completely standard im running a jam ecu at 0.8 and creep to a bar. my fueling is fine though. i had wg ported as my second or 3rd mod and it helped but it was a complete waste of time because as soon as i added decat more creep soon as i added cat back more creep until i added manifold and my boost dropped to standard with no creep after this i added front mounted filter and creep was back.

mate i have had many threads on here about my trouble with various problems with boost creep the thing that cured mine was manifold my wg is also ported and was complete waste of time either revert to a standard air filter or get a hybrid turbo as the standard turbo is crap or get all supporting mods to run more boost. a manifold and a front mount will help out a lot. i can guaranttee a manifold will show a vast improvement not positive on intercooler caus i use the ARC tmic.

So my advice to you is either :

hybrid turbo

or

get manifold see how you go with that

or get supporting mods to run more boost

or use standard air box but with cat back decat etc more than likely will creep to fuel cut

i recently contacted monster motorsport with regards to my boost creep they told me my problem is that im still using the standard turbo once i get round to buying a hybrid i will post my know how on the situation.

despite what ever you techys say i have learnt this 1st hand to my own knowledge and have tried and tested various things along the way as my car started completely standard im running a jam ecu at 0.8 and creep to a bar. my fueling is fine though. i had wg ported as my second or 3rd mod and it helped but it was a complete waste of time because as soon as i added decat more creep soon as i added cat back more creep until i added manifold and my boost dropped to standard with no creep after this i added front mounted filter and creep was back.

Thanks mate this has been very helpful :). Ill try and port my mani and see if this aids me any.

your welcome mate i think im gonna try and write up a detailed and more descriptive thread about this for people just sharing my experiences with a bot o the old boost creep i will share my info on a hybrid when i get it hopefully next month.

^Cheers for the advice, mine creeps too :)

I don't think a ported mani will help tbh, my GT was stock, I fitted a front mount filter, gutted the cat and got the mani and wastegate ported, it creeps JUST under fuel cut at night.

I don't think a ported mani will help tbh, my GT was stock, I fitted a front mount filter, gutted the cat and got the mani and wastegate ported, it creeps JUST under fuel cut at night.

i dont mind if it creeps i just dont want it to fit fuel cut haha :p. Its nearly impossible on the ct9 to remove creep altogether i beleive

yeah mate i dont think a ported mani will help think its better to buy a decent mani. monster motorsport said the once i get a hybrid it will be fine im hopefulli gonna get 1 in next 3 weeks after that i will post a thread on my research lol

a manifold will make boost creep worse. a boost controller is not likely to help.

the answer is to restrict the inlet or exhaust

a hybrid stops boost creep because they machine out the wastegate making it bigger and making it flow better

a manifold will make boost creep worse. a boost controller is not likely to help.

the answer is to restrict the inlet or exhaust

a hybrid stops boost creep because they machine out the wastegate making it bigger and making it flow better

if u aks joe ep91 and myself in both cases we fitted a manifold and it completely eliminated boost creep (until i fitted fornt mount filter). after every mod was fitted i had more and more creep i had wg ported and this helped until i had decat fitted and boost creep was back, i had my manifold fitted and it ran perfectly at 0.6 i think or 0.8 either way there was not a drop of creep. Im stating what i found in my case. I asked for help on here and started many stupid threads asking for help and the advice i recieved was not accurate i paid £110 for my wg to be ported and was waste of time and effort. In my case a manifold "witohout fm airfilter" cured boost creep and im almost positive it will for other glanzas/gts.

no offence u techys and starlet know it alls can say what u want im stating what i no from 1st hand

if u aks joe ep91 and myself in both cases we fitted a manifold and it completely eliminated boost creep (until i fitted fornt mount filter). after every mod was fitted i had more and more creep i had wg ported and this helped until i had decat fitted and boost creep was back, i had my manifold fitted and it ran perfectly at 0.6 i think or 0.8 either way there was not a drop of creep. Im stating what i found in my case. I asked for help on here and started many stupid threads asking for help and the advice i recieved was not accurate i paid £110 for my wg to be ported and was waste of time and effort. In my case a manifold "witohout fm airfilter" cured boost creep and im almost positive it will for other glanzas/gts.

no offence u techys and starlet know it alls can say what u want im stating what i no from 1st hand

youre right, sometimes things dont workout as they should, but as rubix said, by all means, fitting a manifold shouldnt reduce boost creep. and im no techy, im just doing the same as you, stating what I know from first hand, my car still creeps now, fitting a manifold just made it worse, as it should do.

I get around it by moderating my right foot. gonna restrict the inlet over winter as the cold air makes it alot worse

It might bring the power down a little. However, without changing the turbo or working out some sort of External waste gate method the CT9 just doesnt like breathing freely :)

yeah exactly right dude. Im gonna restrict my inlet, should have the same effect. at the end of the day, ide take a small drop in power rather than having to use my right foot to sit at a bar and not 1.3 bar

I'm having this problem aswell, got a decat and have the air filter re-located to the front grill

I've been told that porting the waste gate helps a bit

I've allso bought a fuel cut defender and i'm geting a new mani/getin my standard one ported

will that sort of set up work ? ? ?