Hi gus, ok here's the glanza i bought last week.

Engine's well and truely cattle trucked as it's thrown a rod.

the intention is to pull the motor out, remove anything useable, scrap the rest and replace it with an engine from Aaronw after it's rebuilt.

This will be an ongoing thread and i'll update it as often as i can.

Let me know what you guys think.

B5dtBjgCWkKGrHqMOKjMEyOmGzd5BBMtw-fHsfQ_12.jpg

B5dtDQB2kKGrHqQOKjQEyUdLRQdBMtw-k3k_12.jpg

B5dtE9EGkKGrHqQOKnMEy1t9tWyLBMtw-qtmn_12.jpg

B5dtGgwmkKGrHqMOKj0Eyk5zy1cBMtw-wdOQ_12.jpg

B5iDbgEGkKGrHqNiMEyeNuZJFNBMuBBR2vG_12.jpg

B5iDdewBGkKGrHqZiYEydsSlI-WBMuBBeh7KQ_12.jpg

B5iDewBGkKGrHqVhUEyrsppfOHBMuBBkyQg_12.jpg

glanzav.jpg

Picture002.jpg

Picture003.jpg

Picture004.jpg

Picture005.jpg

Picture006.jpg

Goodies i've found which were a really good bonus are 4 branch manifold, decat pipe, cusco front and rear strut braces, lowered on some sort of coilovers (need to investigate) FMIC, dodgy looking k&n filter. and some canny rsr? alloys with decent tyres so very happy with it so far.

just itching to get it on the road :)

Let me know your thoughts.

cheers,

chris.

• 2 weeks later...

cheers guys, been whoreing ebay and the classified ads for bits and pieces and the local toyota dealers.

Here's a list of parts and part numbers i've aquired so far:

Exedy organic clutch.

new oil pump. p/n t15100-11071

new water pump (but need to find a 4 bolt pulley wheel for it)

gasket kit. p/n t04111-11105.

japspeed full s/s exhaust.

silicone for sump.

timing belt kit.

M9 spline socket and clutch aligning tool.

Things i need to get;

assembly oil.

thermostat.

4 life coolant.

main bearings.

conrod bearings

thrust washers.

Can anyone think of anything else?

Block is in the shop being rehoned, crank reground and new piston rings are en route,

The engine arrived from Aaronw and has been stripped, looks like it's spun no 4 bearing, started knocking and bent the rod so need to get that sorted.

Have to find a pair of axle stands too as mine were "borrowed" by someone a while back and haven't been seen since lol.

engine should be out this week so i can get that pulled apart and see if there's ownt than can be salvaged!

Pics to follow as soon as i get them uploaded.

• 2 months later...

Off the top of my head it took 3 weeks in total but i was just plodding along at my own pace.

Cost wise eew i've not really worked it out lol, here goes;

Gasket kit (toyota) 140

water pump (ebay) 30

crank (uksc member) 100

crank main bearings and rod bearings (usa ebay) 90

thrust washers (toyota) 35

oil pump (toyota) 95

timing belt kit (tm developments) 55

oil, filter (tm developments) 35

4life coolant (toyota) 25

thermostat (toyota)23

exedy clutch (ebay) 95

piston rings (toyota) 100

machine work (head skim, crank regrind, cylinder hone. and 4 crank crack tests 270

• 2 months later...

After 2000 miles the shitty jperformance mani eventually shattered into 5 bits so i thought..ok i'll replace it with the origional so after 3 hours it was done,only to drive 2 mins down the road and it hic'd then misfired then did it again then came this horrific rattle and clouds of blue smoke.

I stripped the head off it yesterday and something has got into cylinders 1 and 3 (unsure what) but the pistons are fucked, rings are shot as is the head.

Needless to say i'm a tad gutted,just bought the blitz access ecu aswell.

Not sure what to do with it, forge it and carry on or break it for spares.

Any suggesgions peeps??

Dunno what to do, if i go forged then i'll wanna run more power which means a stronger clutch and bigger tubby lol.

If i was to forge this lump itwould probably be an idea to fit a better clutch while the engine's out, but which one??

there are a couple of clutches for sale on here but i can't afford pistons,rods and a £350-500 clutch lol

Need to win the lotto haha.

After 2000 miles the shitty jperformance mani eventually shattered into 5 bits so i thought..ok i'll replace it with the origional so after 3 hours it was done,only to drive 2 mins down the road and it hic'd then misfired then did it again then came this horrific rattle and clouds of blue smoke.

I stripped the head off it yesterday and something has got into cylinders 1 and 3 (unsure what) but the pistons are fucked, rings are shot as is the head.

Needless to say i'm a tad gutted,just bought the blitz access ecu aswell.

Not sure what to do with it, forge it and carry on or break it for spares.

Any suggesgions peeps??

this happen to me its fella and i know how gutting it is, but chin up and keep going it will be worth it !

Cheers dude, it's like a swift kick it the spuds, you know the one that knocks you sick lol.

Right then, what to do?

Bollocks to it... forge job it is! gonna speck to garioch and get the ap clutch from him and get the pistons and rods ordered.

I STILL NEED TO WIN THE LOTTO THOUGH LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

losing oil somehow atm so going to look into that tomorow other than that new intercooler n some custom pipes and get ma map fine tuned then its just tidying up the body work till i can get the funds to forge :D wanting to try it myself but since it will be ma first time the worrie of messing it up is there lol

Is it burning it or dripping from somewhere?

Lol watch this space because if something doesn't start going right with this car then i'll break it lol

I've bought the pistons and rods from the us (£500 delivered) but waiting for the customs charges to rape my ass lol

I've got a good crank, block and head going spare if you want to have a go yourself bud??

So, i bought a set of scat rods and wiseco 75mm pistons from ebay.com and had them sent over.

Picture115.jpg

The guy i got them from kindly marked them down in value to $350 insted of the actual price ($750) so the customs charges were'nt too bad £65.00

Block's going to the engineers on monday to be re-bored and notched for the rods if it requires it then let the fun begin!! ;)

Bought a braided hose from ebay which looks pretty cool so i can plumb in the origional oil pressure switch and an after market sender/gauge (see above pic)

Next is the AP racing clutch.

Picture116.jpg

Garioch had this clucth especially made by Anthony @ Techcraft Motorsport to cope with big power/torque. rated to 450lbs/ft.costing over £1100. The standard flywheel has been machined to accept clutch and then everything balanced.

Gonna start the build next week but as i don't have a garage i'm gonna assemble the bottom end in my dining room (the mrs doesn't know yet so i'm in for a ball chewing lol)

I'll get plenty of pics and update the thread as and when i get things done :)

• 2 weeks later...