@dvice plz

Guest JigSaw

As I said on TGTT -- is the JAM ECU not like the others where it's been mapped for a specific set-up? You can't really get it remapped then without wiping the map of the ROM chip and writing another map to it. So it won't be a JAM ECU anymore after it's been remapped -- it'll be a "joe bloggs tuner" ECU with his map on it??

I don't understand how people can say you can run a hybrid on the same map as the standard CT9?? It would be crazy lean surely!

which fcon?

and does the fcon come with all the gubbins, including the harness and the pressure sensor?

fcon's are good, but in essence they're the same as a jam ecu in the sense that they trim and chop the fuel curve to create adequate fuelling at higher boost.

although, unlike the jam they can't touch the ignition timing, which is the funky thing these aftermarket ecu's do.

personally i'd keep the jam, but thats just me. the f'con needs to be for your ep91 aswell as having the ep91 chip/rom inside, which again have different maps in them for different sized turbo's.

What are planning to do with the car power wise???

You wont get any more power swapping the JAM for the F-con.

If your looking at going bigger turbo sell the JAM they fetch silly amounts of money for what they are then buy the piggy back of full ecu that your chosen tuner is most happy using this could be anything from a unichip or e-mannage upto motec or a link.