Reading through the site and looking at other peoples cars (very impressed by the way) i keep reading about different manifolds. What could i seriously expect from a different manifold and what are my choices?

Are there any other commonly done bolt on mods for the n/a too?

i dont think there is an exhaust mani avialable mate. i think a corolla one may fit with some modding.

as for inlet mani, the one off the bug eyed corolla will fit straight on easy with no mods. to be honest is does make a big difference. gives a much cleaner pull right to the limiter. less flat spots, unleases an awsome noise also. its a must have in my opinion. should set you back about £60, unless you source one from a scrappy.

the inlet mani, with a free flowing filter and exhaust will make for a much better n/a, still not a rocket but is much more pleasing on the right foot.

keirz

no problem mate. the inlet mani i have is off the bug eyed corrola, not sure on the model but if you do a search on here you will find it. well worth the money in my opinion.

i just have my exhaust mani wrapped with thermo tec to hide the manky one behind it! would like a 4-2-1 stianless steel jobby but theres not one for the n/a.

It's more the inlet mani i was looking at straight away. I've got the motec M4 ecu from my mr2 to use so want to get some mods done to it before i get the ecu mapped for it all.

So that's the AE111 corolla isn't it? Still the 1.3 engine or from a 1.6 too?

i honestly dont know what engine corolla it is off, im sure someone else will let you know. i brought mine off a member on here so didnt go searching myself for it. im sure there will be someone with a spare one knocking about on here. keep an eye on the for sale section or post up a wanted post. Geo had one for sale, dont know if he still has it though.

the mani from what i undestand you want the one off a 1998 onwards not the slightly earlier one apparently (either 4efe or 4e-fe i think there listed as in some books) ive just been quoted £40 from a scrappy. i think this will be a new year pressie to myself!!!!

Would be interesting to find out what they cost new

these headeers will work for the 4e theyre meant for the 5e, but should work no problem.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Toyota-Pase...sspagenameZWD1V

I presume it would sit lower (as the 5e block is taller), also would it replace my Cat? It mentions 'stock flanges' so could I use the existing pipe with my existing Cat (just thinking out loud now)

i dont think there is an exhaust mani avialable mate. i think a corolla one may fit with some modding.

as for inlet mani, the one off the bug eyed corolla will fit straight on easy with no mods. to be honest is does make a big difference. gives a much cleaner pull right to the limiter. less flat spots, unleases an awsome noise also. its a must have in my opinion. should set you back about £60, unless you source one from a scrappy.

the inlet mani, with a free flowing filter and exhaust will make for a much better n/a, still not a rocket but is much more pleasing on the right foot.

keirz

i couldent agree more

the block is ten mill higer on a 5e

in regards to the exhaust manifold

the money would be worth it on a 5efe for sure, but im guessing you would notice a mild difference in power delivery on the smaller 4efe

seen a few dyno graphs of seos pushing just under 140 bhp out of 5efes with extractors, shorter underdrive pully and uprated intake, pretty decent figures

i can obtain an inlet manifold for you striaght away.

well i had a 5efhe 4-2-1 manifold&downpipe fitted to my old 4efe, and it felt alot flatter... it may have been better at high revs, but the bottom end pull wasnt great.

hence why i went back to the standard mani.