Wintersports

Well, after nearly a year of saying "im not going, im saving for a house, im not going skiing" i sat down yesterday to watch the second round of the FIS tour from Levi, Finland, the womens slalom...and i took a notion.."ah, i'll just put my name on the reserve list, wheres the harm in that"...

...this was followed by my parents saying "you should go, u can always keep saving when u get back, its your only main holiday, just go u fruit, people can help u out with it for christmas!"...this was followed by an abusive phone call late at nite from the others who are going calling me names for not going...

...this was followed today by a text telling me that a single room was available in the B&B for £459 (inclusive of B&B, flights, and transfers)...a little bit of online bank balance checking was done...a little bit of "hmm, should i, shouldn't I? can i miss a month or two of saving for a house?" and i decided u only live once, i could be dead tomorrow, so fuck it. I've managed to do pretty well at the saving so far, and can pick up where i left off when i get back.

so, january for a week in Sol, Austria, bit of a party town by all accounts! SCORE!

but, my trip is not the point, what i want to know is, do we have any other wintersports fans in the house, and if so, where and when are u getting your fix this 2010/2011 season???????????????????????????

Phil.

austria is a very good skiing spot, i went there with school years ago but never been back since, always end up back at tignes as i made a few local mates so just end up crashing on there couch so accomodations free and just the flights, food, lift pass and beer to pay for.

totally agree daz, it is such a drug! this is more or less what i'll be working toward every year, obv i hope to get a house in the coming year or two, but i hope to continue to get skiin with the group i go with every year, even if i can only afford once every other year, its such a blast.

Austria is immense, the skiing and the apres ski culture are superb! im all giddy. its taken me a few weeks to make up my mind, but now i have booked it theres no goin back! time to bust out my boots and helmet! canny wait!!!

@John - would love to get to Italy skiing, its meant to be great!

Phil.

totally agree daz, it is such a drug! this is more or less what i'll be working toward every year, obv i hope to get a house in the coming year or two, but i hope to continue to get skiin with the group i go with every year, even if i can only afford once every other year, its such a blast.

Austria is immense, the skiing and the apres ski culture are superb! im all giddy. its taken me a few weeks to make up my mind, but now i have booked it theres no goin back! time to bust out my boots and helmet! canny wait!!!

@John - would love to get to Italy skiing, its meant to be great!

Phil.

Helmets are for fannys.lol :)

ok, time for showing off :) lmao

16838_468398075007_627410007_107770.jpg

360.jpg

and gone massively wrong lmao

FALL.jpg

only pics ive got unfortunatly, I love freeskiing, off piste, snowpark, all of it

Im a huge skiing nut, it was my life for a while, unfortunatly whilst skiing backwards down a red run in march after not skiing for 3 years I caught an edge twisted the wrong way, broke my knee, smashed some cartelidge and tore one ACL in my left knee. im still doing treatment now and have an arthroscopy on thursday to see whats going on