Short for "Japanese Domestic Market." This term often means paying your left testicle for a part that you could otherwise order from ebay.

The term JDM has long been used to "one-up" a friend or acquaintance at Burger King car meets and the likes. By adding a JDM item to your "ride" you are instantly "cooler" than your friend's UK spec counterpart.

lmfao thanks sanchez, i knew what it stood for, like give me an example of a jdm part? or doing something jdm? because alot of civic boys, have shit hanging from the tow eye which they claim is 'jdm' but then if you go to a vw meet, they've all got shit hanging from their tow eyes too, so how is it jdm?

so its not a style then?

which everyone i know seems to think?

Well it is and isnt mate lol

Technically JDM mean car parts or cars that came form Japan

But the styling is seen as part of JDM nowadays, like all the shit hanging from toe eyes etc are usually seen by us as 'cool'so we do it.

When there actually is a meaning behind it in Japan, like a car club/team etc

As above^^

Dont try define it to death... just Japanese domestic market cars with cool jap associated shit on it and stuff.

Not like...

1. Must have a bride seat

2. must have a takata harness

3. must have a flare

4. cover car in pedo bears and other 'im so cool because im JDMzZZZ!!111!!!!!' stickers

it just turns gay and causes division within the car community..

(although some things are best ignored left divided.... french pap first car halford backbox Fli sub douche's)

Mitch

lol at uk spec

at first when i saw the 'label' if you wish that is JDM i actually wondered what it stood for.....

my first guess was japanese developed modifications!!!!!

it fits the bill quite nicely...... when i found out what it actually stood for i thought to myself, that makes sense!!!!!

nice to see this in writing..... i have spent many hours trying to explain these things to my mates!!!!!!

• 2 months later...

IMO its some thing that i dont even see the point in explaining to chavs with saxo's. Its some thing that, if the person you are talking to knows what they are on about with cars, they know what JDM (both meaning and 'style') is anyway. Otherwise, make shit up, bullshit and humour them to make them think its shit. have a laugh in the process and think to yourself 'stupid tw*t' whilst doing it ;)