belts starting to make strange noises!

rite guys since it started getting cold my belt (or round that area) has started making some strange noises.. its not all the time and it happens when its ideling or driving away slowly and sometimes when i turn, it sounds like a a hamster wheel going round thats gone abit rusty... neways i need to look at this as 2nite cuz its my daily run about and dont wana drive her when shes moaning like a **** !

any ideas guys?

cheers josh

I would nip both belts up abit and see how it go's....When you say its makeing a noise is it like a jingle noise lol i.e like a bearing noise?...Just the bearings in the alternator's on starlets tend to wire out and become dry and with the weather been cold the bearings dont get as loobed lol

Mine has just started doing similar thing when its ideling or driving away slowly only difference is mine has a nice squeeeeeeeeeek to it, lovely ! I'm going to do mine in a couple of hours cuze I get of work early on Fridays ! :-) Hope a little tightening sorts it or it will be new belts which is annoying !

Mines been doin this pretty much ever since i took out the aircon to fit my fmic a few weeks ago, got a new alternator belt and gonna fit it this weekend hoping it will cure the problem, i've read on other threads about how if its not dealt with it can go snap and cause some big damage so playing it safe :p