*****heads up please read*****

ok this is bound to be true..... just read this as of tomorrow police are going to issue people with a £60 fine and 3 points if they are seen driving with snow on the roof of there cars! im sure they will do the same for snowed up windows so just be carefull

:)

Dean

This sounds pretty reasonable,it is daft driving with all that snow on your roof.... i have done it.Lucky i was just leaving my street tho and not on the motorway ect when in fell forword and covered my whole windscreen :)

i think its more for sliding onto the windscreen and making ya blind as I've seen it loads of times in the last few days and the wipers cant move because theres so much. ud have to be pretty close behind for snow sliding off a car to hit ya :)

must have spread pretty quickly to be over the whole country in a day so must have been on the news or something.

I heard it on monday off a mate he said a lass on his facebook work's for churchill car insurance, she said people were ringing up to declare the point because the police have fined them and give them point's fo driving with snow on the roof, but our local police said on the radio this afternoon its a urban mith going about so we dont know who to believe, till i see someone with a police letter saying the been fined and giving points for driving with snow on the roof i think its a allowed of bollock's, i alway clean my roof theres nothing worse than cleaning the snow off the window then having to get back out the car to clean it agen because the window wipers dont have the power (like most cars) to move the snow of your window.

SO i advise everyone to clean you windows and roof before setting off anywhere it will save you getting out agen freezing your bollocks off at a set off traffic lights and getting called by the car behind you because your making them late for work for the sake of a extra 5mins to clean your roof :) lol

if you do manage to drive in the snow, make sure you clear your car off first, police are issuing £60 fine and 3 point on your licence if the roof, bonnet, windows, lights and plates arent clear.

its under section 229 of the highway code i think.

would be good if a traffic officer can confirm this.

sounds like governments low on funds again lol

Made my day.! LOL

Got to say, its not a stupid idea... imagine you have a newborn baby in the car.. comming up to a bend.. snow from the car infront distorts you view... crash waiting to happen.

IMO this should be taken seriously. and to be fair i think the windows also... the amount of mornings i see folk driving with icey windows... how can they really see the road - i look at my window in the morning and its a challenge

it wouldnt make your day that funny if a friend or family dies due to these situations.

Snow might be nice - but its the most dangerous thing in a car.

My dad was on his way to coatbridge in his van on the motorway when an artic lorry just randomly jack knifed due to the weather.

Drive safe everyone.

<3 Love

If your going forwards the snow will fall off the back. the snow on your bonnet will go on the window but thats just like rain so window wipers? lol

Kind of get where they are coming from though.

What happens when you brake :)

C'mon guys its common sense like could find yourself in a very dangerous situation

So do lorrys have to clear there cabins/loads/trailer? i think the larger surface area and higher altitude ought to fuck a car up more...

I think this is utter shit and your all being fems.

So do you think they should ban people from using there water spray jets while driving along? in-case the water splashes backward onto your window? momentarily hindering your vision of the road.. Dont deny this doesnt happen... because it does.

Im not denying that this is probably a law. But its utter cod shit. Much like using mobile phones... good drivers know when its safe to use it and how to use it-in moderation. For example, pulling out of a junction while texting... compared to replying to a phone call quickly informing your mother where you are, on a clear straight-ish road with minimal pedestrians/traffic.. Big difference.

Ive probably stirred a few pots here.

Il let them stew.

Mitch

lol thats fair enough mitch, your opinion like lol.

tbh I was talking more about heavy amounts of snow, for instance my teg had about a 8-12 inches of snow on it today when I went out, if ide jumped straight on the a road thats at the back of my house and floored it, it all wouldve come off, that much snow could cause problems to whoevers behind you, not just vision but road traction as well, that'd be enough to make you lose grip on the road I rekon. but I think making it laws a bit steep