can you help me geting more power from my SR

i got a blak sr for my 1st car and l love it but i want it to be faster i put the new inlet mani, the one off the bug eyed corolla on it made a notisabal diffrens and wat a good sond with the inducshan kit.

have herd sum pplk tokink about an ecu that will fitt on and make it fasster?

eney help apreshated

i got a blak sr for my 1st car and l love it but i want it to be faster i put the new inlet mani, the one off the bug eyed corolla on it made a notisabal diffrens and wat a good sond with the inducshan kit.

have herd sum pplk tokink about an ecu that will fitt on and make it fasster?

eney help apreshated

Anyone able to translate gibberish ???????????????????????????????????????????????????

Besides getting a migraine and earache from reading that lol I believe u can get it superchipped if your talking ecu wise.

I've heard its expensive but maybe worth asking about if you have n/a tuning in the blood.

Joz

Besides getting a migraine and earache from reading that lol I believe you can get it superchipped if your talking ecu wise.

I've heard its expensive but maybe worth asking about if you have n/a tuning in the blood.

Joz

Well I am very sorry for pissing you all off but I have dyslexia so spelling isnâ??t my strong point all I wanted was a bit of help but I see that that is to much to ask.

Thanks Joz for the help! We (my big brother and I ) arenâ??t to shore with the Toyotas because itâ??s the Hondas that wee usually do switching about the engines and that but theirs a lot o parts for the b16a2 . Cant seem to find much for the Toyota

What engine do you recommend that I upgrade to?

martin

Thats quite a good question there, me and my brother have just been discussing this 15 minutes ago!

The Turbo won't be going in for quite a while because of insurance and stuff, and my brothers got 5 points so theres not a chance anybody insuring him!

So, we was discussing performance upgrades for the 4EFE and popped up with the ECU remap in mind, planning on getting a price quote about this tomorrow.

But what is the 5EFE like? Mr Dub i know you had one, what was the difference like? Will the Corolla Inlet Mani fit to this, and make any difference? How hard is it to fit? Full new wiring or isit plug and play?

If its a simple step then i will keep on the lookout for an engine, and fit it in April/May..

Help would be appreciated Mr Dub!

Well I am very sorry for pissing you all off but I have dyslexia so spelling isnâ??t my strong point all I wanted was a bit of help but I see that that is to much to ask.

Thanks Joz for the help! We (my big brother and I ) arenâ??t to shore with the Toyotas because itâ??s the Hondas that wee usually do switching about the engines and that but theirs a lot o parts for the b16a2 . Cant seem to find much for the Toyota

What engine do you recommend that I upgrade to?

martin

It wasn't a go at you on purpose mate,some people write some complete crap that's unreadable on the forum and they don't have the problem you have with dyslexia. Don't take it personally. The usual upgades like exhaust,filter,superchip are available,but a suspension, tyre and brake upgrade will be a big improvement over standard enabling you to brake later into the corners and put the power down sooner. Sort the hadling before you do the engine and you'll find it's a lot quicker to drive. ;)

I was actually about to post thios exact same question Martin mate, I've fitted the manifold too, and am currently runnin a K&N panel, iridum sparks and magnecor leads and an exhaust system,but im curious aas to wot else can be fitted to give the n/a starlet a wee bit more poke! Keirz mentioned light weight pulleys the other day, can anyone tell me more about this please?? wot exactly are they?advantages/disadvantage, gains, price.

And can anyone shed more light on the ecu thing too please, in a year and a half's membership this is the first im hearin of this lol!!!! and it sounds interesting.

Anything else to make the n/a more pokey???

I wana know MORE!!!!

Phil.

Mental, I've just been thinking of lightweight pulleys, was saying bout it to Joz on MSN last night.

Great minds and all that hehe eh Phil ;)

Tis a place near me that makes custom pulleys to order, shall get some info B)

Well, first heard bout it whilst reading the latest issue of Banzai, and would be looking at £150 - £200 for a full set of pulleys, but will be cheaper if a group buy takes place.

Will get researching mon amigo!

a de-cat would make a noticeable differenc and irons out the flat-spots in the mid-range of first and second gear

This plus a decent filter, throttle body, maybe exhaust manifold, and chipped would be about as far as it would go for the 4efe engine

Put some pics up of your ride Martin so we can take a look ;)

Trottle body - wots availabe to fit to the n/a??

Exhaust mani - i havnt been able to find anything for her, esp after Rich's negative experience with the 5e one (i think it was that one)

Chip - who does performance chips for the n/a ecu??

I know this is alot of questions but this can all be put into an FAQ thread for new comers (and me lol)

Phil.

By throttle body i meant inlet mani.... sorry Phil, unless you wanna get quad throttle bodies also known as Individual Throttle Bodies

Exhaust manis- the ones i was thinking off are the 5e ones... not sure of the makes but Joz showed me a few before

As for chips..... its like custom exhausts there are different firms like Superchips etc and they will map it specifically for your car

Hope this helps a little ;)

urrrrm not sure about the throttle bodies but they are mega bucks anyway and wouldnt be worth the hassle on a 1.3 i dont think, need to run a standalone ECU.... all in all comes to about £1500!!!!

As for chips..... i would deffo recommend as they give your car a better power curve etc so it pulls better all the way thru the revs... they use a rolling road to set them up so its spot on

quad throttle bodies can be done...

threepot proved that with his 5e seo, and he did it on a standard ecu.

i had this same idea around the time its really not a big mission either, a set of gsxr 750 t/b's mated to the bottom of a old n/a mani and youre away.

you need to sort out various sensors, and have a way of adjusting the fuel mixture.

speak to jim i think he knows him.

Thanks for all the help! Getting it am the rolling road this month so see what the remap will do for it. Thinking bout an engine change in a month or two.

Yes thinking bout the handling as well fond a set of drilled and grooved disks and have a set o 40mm lowering springs sitting just waiting for my brother to bring me his spring compressors from work then al put them on .

Need to take sum new pitchers of her soon but hears sum older 1ns I have

Starlet.jpg

Image596.jpg

Image635.jpg

Image769.jpg

Thanks I have been trying to get it all sorted out and looking good

Yes sorry its my brothers civic, I no its not a Toyota! Its now tuned up for drag raising and races at Crail and sant pod doing 14.5s 0-60 in 4.5/5 s got a launch control which is cool. I love it

another option is a jdm spec ecu.

like this one i have still got.

ecu.jpg

should have a higher rev limit and use yellow injectors the wiring is slightly different though, so you'd need a bit of wiring doing.