younggun yep thats helped :) but as you said the bottom hose should get warm after abit of driving, it dosent, you think it might be a faulty thermostat i baught? its a genuine toyota one! tbh i didnt think it was normal to get that hot that fast as im not used to it because its been funny ever since i had the car!

i havent checked the anti freeze but i have topped it up,

il have a look round in the light tommorrow for pinholes or any patches on the rad

cheers josh

im just a worry pants ;) gotta figure out what this engine management light is for then!

younggun yep thats helped :) but as you said the bottom hose should get warm after abit of driving, it dosent, you think it might be a faulty thermostat i baught? its a genuine toyota one! tbh i didnt think it was normal to get that hot that fast as im not used to it because its been funny ever since i had the car!

i havent checked the anti freeze but i have topped it up,

il have a look round in the light tommorrow for pinholes or any patches on the rad

cheers josh

depending on what type of thermostat it has in... the bottom hose might not get very hot if its running a cool running thermostat, im not up to scratch on starlets so dont know what temp they open at but every car is different. should be at least luke warm though unless you have an immense cryo charge cooled million row rad ;)