Help fitting a C-pillar Bar

i have bought a c-pillar bar for my ep91, i have removed the plastic covers and took the bolt out, the problem iam facing is when i put the excisting bolt through the end of the c-pillar bar and then the seat belt hehind it, it does not fit flat and i cant get the bolt through the hole, i have circled the parts it touches in the pic.

Please help guys as want to get this fitted asap as it should be a simple job.

Pic below.

166090a1-1.jpg

Yeh i would have thought it would be the other way around, going to got for long bolts and washers then,

Im not sure what size mate, i just took the boolt into B&Q but, like i said, i may have fitted it wrong. if you have some washers aboutput them imbetween the braket and seat belt. that may work better.

tried to fit it like your LukEp..... but it doesnt work for me, have a look at the first pic, sorry about the poor quality, but the holes dont line up...

will have to do it like dan but remove the plastic as it looks better as shown in the 2nd pic, all i need now is the longer bolts and a few washers...

bac696be.jpg

bc5ccad3.jpg

really helps when you have photobucket app on the iphone :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

LukEp>>>> my excisting bolts does not even go all the way through the bar end? It's a few mm's small!!! Got some bigger bolts from Bnq but one was too thick n the other was slightly slimmer and does not lock into place as thread slips... Need help guys.. Going to get intouch with skillmat guy as it's doing my nut in and loosing patience

if you want to retain the seatbelts they have to be bolted in BEHIND the c-pillar bracket not infront in an accident the bolt will just shear off = no good

lukeEP has it fitted right

dont think many people can help as c-pillars buyers are usually people who`ve stripped out the back so its an easy fit

i dont see the gains with such an item tbf

looks like the holes not far off ust bend the plastic tabs slightly if you look at mine the look slightly bent, no body hits there head its to far back or my kids aint that tall yet. i got mine second hand andIt fit straight away, It makes a difference if you tighten it up as much as you can, if you just fit it so the bars not tight it wont do anything!

bracing body parts doesnt actually work unless it is triangulated.... it looks good, but it wont do much else..... simple physics means they cant do bugger all..... more so when they have moving rose joints on them.....