My Tom's kitted GT big turbo build

What is the general feeling with the local tuners when they see this (if you take it to meets)? Are they interested in it, or pass it off as some Jap econobox?

It'd be interesting to know what kind of reception these cars get in the US.

good question! i also like to know that,

sweet car dude :ph34r:

well so far it has been to the Toys for Tots meet, a run to Mount Vernon, multiple little meets and drives around Washington and California, at the toys for tots meet, there were almost 1000 cars including 2 r35 gtr's, a lamborghini countach, a murcialago, 2 ferarri f430's and multiple r32, 33, and 34 skylines, and the EP82 didnt have a minute where there were not at least 5 people staring, taking pictures, asking questions and wondering what it was. At the other meets, they are ALOT smaller, but everyone loves the car. Nobody looks at it as an econobox, they did when I had the gt2835R in my paseo, but not once in my Starlet. It's amazing.

PICS****Trying to decide on whether or not to get my wheels powdercoated. If I do, it will be like in the following picture or completely inverse so the inside would be white with the hoop and bolts in black. Oppinions are greatly appreciated, as with other colors if you want to photoshop or just a cheap paint job like I did on here. the car is going to stay white, so it has to match, or set it off well.

BlackTomswheels.jpg

100_2222.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Went today to Facetuned in Tacoma, WA. Tony welded me up some beautiful intercooler piping. It looks amazing. Also he welded up my Tial 50mm BOV which also looks absolutely amazing. I also got a new radiator and slim fan. Its a dual core CX racing one. tomorrow I'll go look at a blue Sparco Torino seat, but I dont know if I'll get it, because I want a set of Sparco Milano's.

100_2572.jpg

100_2571.jpg

• 2 months later...

*UPDATE*Well I have been out on a busy with work and gave the wheels to my powdercoater to get done, and I got them back yesterday and got the tires put back on today, and back on the car. They were media blasted and then powdercoated the same colors that I posted earlier. The centers were done in Matte black and the hoops were done in gloss white. All 116 of the original chrome Rays stamped bolts were polished and reinstalled. And here is the result. Opinions please.

100_2639.jpg

100_2637.jpg

100_2641.jpg

100_2642.jpg

Also got rid of the dying HKS turbo and cracking stainless manifold and picked up a top mount BYP T3 manifold and a Garrett .48A/R T3 turbo set up for an external wastegate.

100_2643.jpg

100_2644.jpg

Thanks. I hope it works well too. It was built for a paseo(who's engine bay is about 4-5" longer) so there wasnt enough room to put the T3/T4 on it, but I think the response from the smaller t3 will make me happier in the long run.