Coolant capacity

run engine for abit and keep topping it up, youll only be filling rad untill thermo is open

I did that and it didnt take much more even with the temp gauge sitting on 1/2 way.

I filled the reserve tank to the full point and went for a spirited drive and it still barely took any out.

To bleed a cooling system I remove rad cap start the car make it fast idle and wait for the rad fan to kick in and out a few times while keeping an eye on the level put cap back on fill overflow up an turn engine off, as the engine then cools the system will suck and water it needs out of the overflow tank

To bleed a cooling system I remove rad cap start the car make it fast idle and wait for the rad fan to kick in and out a few times while keeping an eye on the level put cap back on fill overflow up an turn engine off, as the engine then cools the system will suck and water it needs out of the overflow tank

I think i did that, but i went for a trip to the dairy and back before i turned off the car.

Did you remove the drain plug/bolt thats in the block as well as the one in the bottom of the rad? If you don't remove the one out of the block a lot of old coolant tends to stay traped in the block. I believe capacity is just under 5L something like 4.5L I think.

Gavin