the cars a write off (pics p1 & 3)

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yea its pretty mentol ent it, was at the pound today taking stuff out from it to keep,

@ scooch il pm yoy my no bro

toook some more better pics and i can now see how it must have barrel roalled only hitting the front about six times then landing to rest,

the police counted the divet marks and came to that conclusion and you can tell that it must have been bouncing at the front

the roof was done when the telegraph pole snapped on the passenger side coming down on it like a paper cutter.

DSC00433.jpg

DSC00437.jpg

DSC00438.jpg

@ ROSS ive no intention of buying it back off thi insurers as litterealy everything is fucked off it so thats no use but i could find the number to the salvage yard its bein taken to if that helps

i have most of the sterio and the pilar pod thats about it though,

was quite haunting looking over it again

Just seen the thread, That is a serious accident. Glad you are ok

I always remember what my dad said to me when I obliterated my 106 when I spun it through a hedge and a tree "If your gonna crash, do a decent job of wrecking the car" :o

I ended up having 4 staples put into my head, wasn't pleasant :p

Although, I still like starlets so that sucks having another one smashed up :p

Worry about a car later, get better first

if you could pm the number tht would be good! :p thats REAL bad mate, such a lovely Glanza too, was looking on your progress thread earlier! glad your ok though mate, you gonna buy another one?

i cant get acess to it any more mate, so cant rape any parts off it but like i said earlier to ross i could try and find out the salvage yard its been taken to idrees :p

Yeh mate thats fine, let me know, don't rush though, do it when your back on your feet properly..

@ rosco

im strongly thinking about another one but the plan before this happened was to get a new company car with my crimbo bonus and hold onto that as a track motor, this has scupored my plans so i need to think what im gona do but a red glanza would be nice :p

If you want a track motor then the other GT is nearly ready mate,got a turbo comin monday and i think it'll all be done.I'd let it go cheapish you if you wanna? Just think about gettin better first though!

Holy Jesus in Heaven...im in shock, i swear to u that is no exaggeration, Geo my thoughts my prayers are with u, my heart goes out to u, u know how much of a friend i consider you...FUCK!!!!!!!!!! I praise God that your ok man, i honestly do.

Wot a WANKER!!!!!!!!! FUCK!!!!!!!!

I have so much respect for u for wot u did mate, that accident could have been a hell of a lot worse due to the kids bein invvolved, u put urself in severe danger in a TOTALLY selfless act of bravery. I commend u Geo!

U have my number bro, ANYTIME u wana chat call me man!!!!!!!! Please dont hesitate!

Phil.

I understand that Ecks but WRC Car Sales has a good rep.

don't mean nothing mate, i've never seen a good car come out of that place.

when you see them at their worst on a daily basis, you'll understand.

once tarred with that brush, you aint ever gonna change my mind. the effort of even having a look is too great a risk.

All people say Bradford is full of dodgy cars, but my dad bought a 98 Civic with low mileage and s/h from there which was cheap, and it was mint.

its pot luck, and really not worth the risk as i said.

its mainly the imports, but i've heard horror stories about normal motors also.

reason being apparently is that alot are just used for money laundering - meaning they dont care about the vehicles themselves.

Glad your on the mend Geo :p

All this talk of roll cages is not a good idea i had one to fit to my glanza when i was building it but this was a dedicated track car really and not something i'd be using on the road everyday.

In a crash like that how do you think your head would fair against the metal bars of a roll cage......

Roll cages are designed to be used in a car where the occupants are wearing crash helmets if they are used in an everyday car and you were in a bad accident your probably more likely to cause yourself serious injury with a cage than without.

My uncle does rally recovery, a few weeks before x-mas he showed me pics from some amateur rally day.

A 106 or 206 an older one, had hit a tree, drivers side near top of the window, the cage piping was a single piece, but must of been thinned in bending it as it just snapped, the corner snapped and the roof came down, (almost looked like a noose) I think the guy got away, but had he been leaning forward, anyway as with all things it's best to make sure you get something solid

The front end of that thing is FLAT :p

i'm surprised noone has said it yet, but....

.....sure that'll t-cut out! :o

:p i was waiting for it too.

Fair point simon made about roll cages, but i'd rather take my chances with a metal pole then a caved in roof :o

has always shocked me that insurance comp's charge extra for things on the car that make it safer :p

yet these days they will give people a discount on a fake sense of saftey and something that distracts more then mobile phones...... satnav.