need help guys, im about ready to break it

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the throttle positon sensor if to go wrong would normaly not let u start the car but a few checks are needed to find your problem. if a sudden lose of all aceleration i would put it down to ignition yes if the amp goes wrong then you would find it hard to start but dissy , dissy cap, rotor arm, plugs and leads as well as the main enginge earth. could case thee problem im reading about. it will be simple do not loose faith and do not waste money on guessing.

car played up on the way to and from work today so just got home and done another diagnostic check and its flashing code 14 up again, code 14 is igniter and ignition coil circuit, igniter, ignition coil, ecu. so whats everyone think the 1st thing to change is? coil that the king lead attaches to? hopeing its not the circuit as il have to start for broke wires ect which will realy do my head in!

well im happy to say its sorted! :o and by total flook!

crouch came round and we set to, swapped coils - no change, swapped back, swapped king lead - no change swapped back, swapped all the HT's - no change swapped back, swapped the ignitor and car wouldnt start so pluged mine back in and it started, pluged it back into crouchs and his wouldnt start so we both shat our pants thinking we now had 2 broken starlets. what we didnt do though was bolt the bracket back to the bulk head so we thought the bracket to bulk head must be an earth, bolted it back and crouchs car started SO BING! idea, went back to mine and took the ignitor off, cleaned it with a wire brush where it touchs the bracket and i also made an earth wire and put it between the ignitor and bracket and ran it to the body as an extra earth and BINGO ran fine.

so by total flook its fixed, a dodgy bloody earth!

cheers for the help guys it was greatly appreicated, chocolate orages are on the way to your doors! :o:lol:

Can see Ryan getting a bag of shit in a box now :lol:

Glad its sorted mate, cant believe you was being such a bitch about it :o

ive just had it enough of it breaking lately, everytime i manage to get some cash together to get this td04 on something always fucks up on it! but hopefully by the end of feb it will be on and running sweet!