Matts White Glanza V Build Thread

i bought my car at the start of june 2010 after much looking about and reading up on here i decided to go for this one

31072010770.jpg

it came pretty much as is it, which i thought best really (even though yes its not built, but bought), as the work it has had done, although mostly looks wise, has saved me a lot of money doing it myself for perfomance reasons.

it came with D2 Coilovers, carbon bonnet, rota track R alloys, grooved discs all round with yellow stuff pads. Powerfow exhaust which im looking to change. and the FMIC. i thought it would give me a good base to start from for a steady project leading to about 200 bhp for a start running td04.

so far ive stripped out the interior leaving 2 impreza seats, given it a set of 8.5mm red magnecor leads grade 7 iriduim plugs a filter reloctaion kit, and bypassed the hi/low boost solenoid. also put a toyosports dual core civic rad on, which weighs next to nothing and has given me loads more space for moving my ic piping and for a new manifold and decat :lol:

im just waiting for the money to start coming in to let the fun begin with a mani and de cat, td04 and all the supporting mods to go with :p

but for now heres some pics

31072010772.jpg

31072010773.jpg

31072010771.jpg

31072010768.jpg

Time for an update i think :D since the saxo loon ran me off the road ive spent a bit of time on the aesthetics of the car in the last month, got a Jam rear bumper and a new front one off Hutchglanzav (many thanks) i put the jam rear on a while back and have just put the front on. ive cut it differently to the old one so it shows more intercooler :) i was happy with the car like this but just thought it needed finishing off, so i got myself a Cupra R front splitter. it was £25.07 inc VAT from the local seat dealer. there more expensive on ebay :o

So with a bit of time with the self tappers and a heat gun got it on yesterday afternoon, and it just adds a finishing touch to the front end i think, as well as being different to the usual laguna/espace splitter that have become common (i havent seen a V with a Cupra R one yet??)

P1010046.jpg

The back got a bit of a treat as well in the form of a tow eye :) i did have this on with the standard bumper coming out from underneath the bumper as its designed to, but the jam bumper is lower so i couldnt keep it.

After a bit of fabrication i came up with this, im well happy with it to be honest :D

P1010049.jpg

i made a bit of a change inside as well, you might think its chavvy but its just brightened it up. the pics are from before i got my deep dish steering wheel (omp) which now sits well in the car.

dialsandsurround.jpg

radiofascia.jpg

newdials.jpg

i also checked behind my skirts to see if the car was rusted to death or not, but was happy to find none. so i cleaned behind both skirts and cleaned the sills and put back on.

ossill.jpg

nssill.jpg

and just some up to date pics

P1010047-1.jpg

P1010048.jpg

P1010050.jpg

P1010051.jpg

as always comments appreciated

Looks awesome matey, had a pretty good luck around it at MFN a few weeks back, wasnt sure whos it was though so i didnt talk to you.

Properly awesome car mate.

Also if you sell anytime soon let me know please :lol:

cheers for all your kind words :) liam i wondered who it was, i remember you commenting when i first signed on tgtt. could never remember who it was though lol. you should have come to the east midlands modified meet on the sunday just gone mate was a good night, some good cars down. about 120 turned out for it :lol:

Would have came mate but im currently car less, mines in the scrapyard mate.

Had a accident a month ago now, so im on the lookout for a mint white or Black Glanza.

ah fuking hell mate sorry to hear that. was it a proper write off then? everyone involved ok?

Yes mate, bent both axles. Majorly damaged on the passenger side. Just wasnt worth repairing. Luckily all the mods were alrite and ive managed to make some money back on it.

thats not so bad then i spose :) least you ll know what to expect when you hit into the turbs now :lol:

That looks stunning!!!

Preferred it with the standard front lip though :)

Gotta love Rota Track R's

yeah to be honest mate i preffered it with the standard lip, but some moron in a saxo ran me off the road and cracked that and my old bumper. thats the new one i put on a couple of weeks ago. of i see a splitter come up cheap ill defo be investing in it. just with not having a job atm i couldnt stretch to a new one and the cupra r splitter was cheeeeaaaapppp :lol:

Not feeling the Cupra splitter as it has too much depth at the rear, but as you said, its a case of funds. Loving the look of it with the wheels though, and the rear end is perfect now, maybe a ducktail to finish it off but those are personal preferance.

Also, what did you do with your old standard steering wheel?

Not feeling the Cupra splitter as it has too much depth at the rear, but as you said, its a case of funds. Loving the look of it with the wheels though, and the rear end is perfect now, maybe a ducktail to finish it off but those are personal preferance.

Also, what did you do with your old standard steering wheel?

still got it sat in my garage mate. not gonna lie to ya its not in the best condition :/

• 3 weeks later...

03/02/2011

been busy on the interior this time ;) ive stripped the wood out the back and sanded it all down and re sprayed it white :( cheap days work to say the least and im well happy with the result. i dont think its a lot noisier either tbh. but the car does seem quicker. mind you it is missing a sub and a load of mdf lol.

IMG_0097.jpg

alsooo got some recaros off a local lad, he had them in his glanza but was selling it so i offered to swap for my scoob seats and a bit of cash, and he accepted. gutted for him now though his car hasnt sold so hes keeping it. i think there evo 7 recaros can anyone confirm? oh and a harness for me :p

IMG_0096.jpg

seen as im out of work ive had a lot of spare time on my hands. so ive replaced the clutch to a spec paddle clutch and changed the gearbox. needless to say it drives a million times better now, the other clutch was due a change big time. got some bearings for the gear selectors instead of the standard bushes and it feels a lot more positive going up and down the box now.

IMG_0080.jpg

IMG_0079.jpg

got the autoglym clay kit out earlier, ive never used it before and always thought well its smooth once its polished so it wont make any difference. i couldnt have been more wrong, so see when i was the car it looks clean, to use the clay take it to a new level. and you can actually see the dirt coming off on the clay as you do it. im really impresseed its brought the paintwork back to life.

IMG_0091.jpg

IMG_0100.jpg

as always comments appreciated :p