Matts White Glanza V Build Thread

yeah it does mate, not bad enough for me to complain about thoug really, ive noticed it more when you change gear, say going from 1st to 2nd when your not hammering it, it seems to judder then. but seems ok on pull off and coming down box :)

na mine judders wen u pull off under 2grand its got to be bang on or over. Then its fine once your moveing till u down shift to slow down u have to give it a lil rev to stop it from juddering bu i dunno itll be going in the bin if i can sort mi job owt n ill get a exedy clutch n stop complaining ahha

oh n cuz i havent said so already very nice glanza mate :)

haha well if your gonna bin it you can send it my way for free so i have a spare lol :D cheers mate its slowly geting there, just needs a fooooking massive service. but thatll be solved with the td04 kit and new engine :)

i havent got much choice unfortunately mate, ive had my heart set a td04 from the day i got the car, ive assembled nearly all the bits now costing god knows how much, even though ive been out of proper work since november. and i have 2 engines, one in the car, and one in the garage with a fooked head. i got a new head, and the bottom ends ok, but im gonna refurb it all and hopefully ill be able to swap the engines over within a weekend and put all my td04 stuff on ready to be mapped. only thing is now. im slowly getting more and more skint, and the bills dont pay themselves :)

• 3 weeks later...

spent this weekend putting the new engine in :) was planning on putting the td04 on as well at the same time but had a balls up with it so had to bolt the ct9 back on :)

anyway was a good expereice and glad i did it myself instead of paying a garage.

before putting it in i did the valve stem seals, re seated the valves and had the head skimmed. also painted the block with some direct to rust silver hammerite, but i did clean it up before painting, did the sump with some black hammerite. and sprayed the head with some halfords high temp paint. just went for silver on everything to keep it looking clean and subtle. also have a (nearly) polished inlet mani which is on and a painted throttle body and fuel rail.

im only waiting on one part for the td04 and well be away :) cant wait.

didnt have an engine crane, and wasnt paying to hire one for 50 quid a weekend, so got the jcb out lol

heres some pics of the engine

IMG_0118-1.jpg

IMG_0119.jpg

finally i had a wastegate extension and screamer made as the wepr one supplied didnt fit :@

IMG_0122.jpg