Racetech intake mani

Hi all, i have been on the racetech site & ive been thinking about purchasing a intake mani.At the minute i just have the standard 82 mani which has been port matched. Im just wondering if anybody has done, before & after dyno testing if so how much more power did you make? They look good but do they perform? Thanks in advance.

ill be going for 1 of these eventually when i get my engine back...

cant sspeak for results but the engineering and time spent on CAD and getting the flow perfectly is outstanding. so i would think throttle response, power and torque will all see very good results/gains :)

im sure u wouldnt regret it dude :)

Im in the process of selling mine. Dont ask how much as its basically sold anyway.

Yeah theres CAD simulated drawings etc, but nothing beats real world testing.

Low end stuff is on par if not worse than the stock intake, but midrange and high up there are gains to be had for big turbo setups, Doubt folk running a CT9 would benifit from these.

No dyno im afraid, but worked well after finishing it off after i reciebved it from Racetech.

got one of these going on a 5efte + vf35 with larger tb.

ryan 11 has one on his tdo5 glanza but the engine is shot at the moment.

another (gaz)is putting one on a to4e in a few months

outwith cosmetics id only recomend this if your going after crazy numbers/boost.

would be decent to see some back to back dynographs if anyone has any.

As above, very few have done a back to back dyno test I don't think.

They were aimed at the higher power market and will do little to improve below 200hp. Apart from the top of the RPM's. I could do you a custom inlet which would work better at lower RPM's/power but IMO i'd spend in other area's first if this is the case. They shouldn't be worse than the stock inlet at any power level but won't offer you massive gains.

Anything over 200hp they will be excellent. The inlets have changed a little since the group buy. We now have a 15hp flow bench, so have more "real world" data.

I'm still very open to a test car to do a back to back test. Ideally i'd like something over 300hp to show the real gains.

Contact me if you have any questions.

Regards

Ricky

mini valver on here has one on his. its the slightly bigger one krissy b had made and its making 252bhp on a vf28 at 1.09 bar on a stock engine. the car goes really well and it pulls harder and harder towards the red line. a few things had to be messed about with to get it fitted though.

if there going on an ep82 theres a few fitting problems:

the coolant line nearest the passenger side coming out of the bulk head

the wire for the inlet temp sensor needed extending

and it was having problems starting when cold but this might not have been the inlets fault.

the throttle is very stiff!

if you look through his thread here

i thought about getting one for mine but i think im going for a different setup inlet wise.

i have one mate and i have 3 graphs on my build thread. vf23 before td04 before and vf28 with.

makes good power and pulls like a slut

but dont think for one min you can just fit it like that mine was a night mare to be fare. i had to get a hole new bracket made up to mount my tps on. and dont talk to me about tps i have just been fixxing it again tonight it rattled off.

but as you would be buying new am sure race tech would make the bracket to suiet wat ever tps you would be running either variable or normal like on the gts. i had a few issues with heating hose but not to much fuss. and also a stiff throttle but all it needed was a good loob up. hope this helps

Thanks for all the replys, i dont have heaters & therefore any hoses to worry about, when fitting this thing up. My GT is making 205hp @ the wheels on 14psi. It has forge rod & piston, & ported head, block was bored 20 thou over, with 400cc injectors, the cams are 272s & i will be puting a Speed Vision camgear on soon & a retune, my limiter is set on 7500rpm, its running a 330hp Garret GT25/60r. The GT is mainly used for circuit sprints, the Lakeside track has a average speed of 160, so low down response wont bother me to much, cause the corners are taken @ 85-100kmh. Danturbo4311 ohh my god!! 324 @ the wheels thats crazy do you have a build thread? I still would like to see some back to back dyno results.Cheers

Thanks for all the replys, i dont have heaters & therefore any hoses to worry about, when fitting this thing up. My GT is making 205hp @ the wheels on 14psi. It has forge rod & piston, & ported head, block was bored 20 thou over, with 400cc injectors, the cams are 272s & i will be puting a Speed Vision camgear on soon & a retune, my limiter is set on 7500rpm, its running a 330hp Garret GT25/60r. The GT is mainly used for circuit sprints, the Lakeside track has a average speed of 160, so low down response wont bother me to much, cause the corners are taken @ 85-100kmh. Danturbo4311 ohh my god!! 324 @ the wheels thats crazy do you have a build thread? I still would like to see some back to back dyno results.Cheers

Sounds like it would be good on your car. Especially if you up the boost.

There a couple of different version of the inlet, as some people wanted X or Y changing. Also they fit stock TPS but not automatic TPS's. However we can make the adapter for the auto TPS.

Most went for the big throttle body. The gains over stock are minimal under 300hp, i'd advise to stay with a stock ported TB to be honest for circuit stuff as throttle modulation is better.