McGard wheels nuts

Terrific i know, but i was gna take the wheels off to paint the rear callipers nand my bolt has just exploded yay, got 1 of the back ones off but now i cant get the other 1 off, have contatced germany for a new one.

But in the meantime any ideas on how to get them off? If so then ill just change em

if its rounded the as said use an old proppa steel socked and smash it onto the nut......... job done

if its too tight., like with most things that are tight need some lub.... give it a good spray with wd40 then hit the top of the nut with a hammer to just free anything that is sticking (the shock of the contact is pretty good for just loosten any rust that may be on there) the get your socket on the end...... stick the rachet on..... then use either a prise bar or a large rind spanner and hook it over the end of your rachet then appliy short hard jerks on it to just loosten it. dont just try pulling with all your might because ull just end up smapping the bolt...

try that lol

This exact same thing happen to us a few days ago, get a gas bottle and heat the nut, then use a chizzle and a hammer to smack it with, in the direction which it should screw off...If it doesn't work, take it to a garage and they should deffo do it for you!

{Edit}

Whoops just realised its all done!

Just watch the Volks mate...

Or you could get one of those "aligator" grip sockets or whatever they were called with the teeth in them that would adjust to whatever size was required. That should fill in the gaps on the McGard nut just like the original key should.

No it was a brand name -- must've gone bust because I'm sure they were called alligator grip sockets or something... the socket had like hundreds of pins it it and as you pushed it onto whatever you wanted to take off; rounded nuts etc it woukd form an impression from the pins... does noone know what I'm talking about??