What else to break 200bhp

My current setup with a stock ct9 turbo is currently putting out about 185bhp with the correct supporting mods, however I believe that is the limit for a ct9 turbo. (or can i squeeze more out of it with the help of a rolling road)

Can i run 200bhp without having to go forged? and more to the point will it be reliable or blow up in 3 months time :o

I am guessing to make the extra HP i would need to go down the road of a hybrid ct9?

Can i also get away with my standard injectors?

My setup is in detail on my build thread "Taggys track slut"

How much can i pick up a hybrid to do this too :p

Nice one guys, i am sure most of you can answer those for me!

ah sweet, somthing else for me to sleep on tonight lol

Socks was running over 200hp on a stock ct9 with a plug and play ECU running 1.2bar :o

A hybrid would see over 200hp and stock injectors are good for about 200hp.

Thats my dielema, i will be happy with the car making 200bhp, i guess its more of a round figure im happy with :o Plus i think its about what i want for it on track.

Whats the easiest way for me to get the extra 15hp from my current setup with the least cost and least amount of parts which need to be changed.

Can i achieve this with the stock ECU or would i need to buy one for 200hp?

If you want big power there are cheaper ways to gain it, but you gots to spend the big money if you want it to be reliable as well unfortunately. :p

u dont need a hybrid to see over 200bhp at all... stock turbo will do it... i got 202.6bhp at 1.1bar on MM RR Day...

its all about management dude! plug n play ecus r THE BEST for the ct9's.... and will see u over 200bhp...

hybrids arent worth it tbh u may as well just go td04 if u want more then 200bhp....

stock injectors will be fine :o

Prsonaly id go hybrid for track to, response is much better on a hybrid than a td04, granted td04 maybe cheaper but not when you will need new mani decat etc, hybrid is a much more responsive setup for 200bhp td04 is better at like 260-270bhp then the slower response doesnt matter realy because you have more power through out. A second hand good hybrid will be picked up for £200+ and be a much better set up imo. Dont bog youself down with lag you dont have to have, especialy on a track car!

i think i am going to go down the road of Socks wisdom, true its for track so less spool up time is best :o

Normally i would have spent some money on the performance upgrade, but i have got so much to do in so little time for Japfest

I have got to buy the replacement engine (paying deposit for it today)

Quaiffe LSD

Oil Cooler

New dials

new track tyres

that alone is a good few grand so money is a bit tight (dont tell the mrs im spending all this as im getting married this year too lol)

Where can i get one of these plug and play ECU's and how much are they?

Craig

Plug n play will be 400-500, and net u 200ish if your lucky. Pick up a second hand dastek for £150 an mapped for 200quid and prob get a better result mate. Plug and play aint cheap atal for what it is, oh and good luck finding one lol. They arnt realy worth the money you pay.

Plug n play will be 400-500, and net u 200ish if your lucky. Pick up a second hand dastek for £150 an mapped for 200quid and prob get a better result mate. Plug and play aint cheap atal for what it is, oh and good luck finding one lol. They arnt realy worth the money you pay.

Where can you get a Dastek mapped for £200?? As i've thought about this route as well....

Millway racing in andover have quoted me 200 for mapping mine, is extra if you want the launch control setup though :p jump on google and search for dastek approved mappers dude. They are all over the uk and dastek is one of the best piggyback you can get. Talk to dave a tm developments about them if you want imparcial advice :o

tdo4 is laggy tho and he has said for track days surely you would want something thats good out the corners not just along the straights?

Prsonaly id go hybrid for track to, response is much better on a hybrid than a td04,

I'd just like to know whether you guys have actually drove a TD04'd Starlet? I've had 3, and they are not laggy! That's what people used to think 4 years ago but I thought everyone knows by now that they don't lag. I say go TD04 for sure, it's an ideal sized all round turbo imo. It will absolutely wipe the floor with a CT9 on the straights, and will help you stick with bigger cars and I can't see any issues around the bends either. Once you learn how to use the turbo at its best efficiency, you can have the power there when you need it.

Cost wise, I build my latest GT on a budget and here are the sums for the turbo kit:

Toyosports Manifold and downpipe - £110 (unused)

TD04 turbo - £60

Brace welded to the manifold for added support, and actuator bracket fabricated - £40

Race-tech oil feed - £30

Genuine Subaru gaskets (not essential) - £30

Braided water pipes - £40

That's a total of £310, you can use rubber water pipes and wrap them up, and use cheaper gaskets so it can be as little as £240.

I stand corrected then i thought dave at tm and my qualifed mapper knew what they where on about, glad your mate and his gt4 could put us all staight, guess the lesser tunable emb is better?? also yes driven a td04 glanza iddy, i own one! And had 2 different hybrid kits before that. Im sorry my difference of opinion dosnt go down well but after 5years of owning modded glanzas and building forged engines and havig had countless setups id of thought id know what i was on about. Td04 is good but dont ever over look hybrids! The power and response on a stock engine is second to none!