Manual Boost Controllers

I have tried a turbosmart manual boost controller/ bleed valve.

And it didn't make my boost stable.

The only thing it did, was make my turbo spool up later. And the boost was all over the place.

The manual ones are not worth a penny.

Save up some cash and buy a digital one.

nah they are shite when i picked the car up the previous owner said the car had boost problems and he had tried the mbc several times to make it right i brought the car drove to halfords took the mcb out put a small hose from the acutator bk and the car was runnin fine

I have to agree from personal experience on my own car, a manual boost controller or bleed valve didn't agree with my glanza at all...the car bogged down in low revs, took longer to come on boost, it was never happy at a certain boost pressure as it was up and down constantly! In the end I took it off and got an hks actuator to replace it and my weak standard one, much better job but still not perfect, an electronic boost gauge is definatley the way to go.

Controlling a stock ct9 is a challenge for most ebcs, mbcs are pointless on a ct9, tried and tested boost creeps like a bitch so you have to set it low and let it creep to your desired boost. It works this way but you loose the low down kick of a ct9 which is the only point running a ct9 imo.

I'm using a gizmo ebcs and even then it'd not perfect, have to set it lower and let it creep still but only by .1 bar.

Before I ran. aboost controller I just set boost off my actuator. It performed same as my mbc so why not just set boost off 6our actuator for now?

• 2 weeks later...