few random Questions

1st: When i bought my car the right hand wing mirror wasn't working at all (couldn't retract them or move the mirror itself). Only just found out its a different wing mirror all together! Just want to know if i get another standard Glanza mirror will it sort this problem? Here is a picture of the mirror im talking about:

8b6c119e.jpg

71b5505b.jpg

Compared to the standard mirror:

6690af42.jpg

975ae90b.jpg

2nd: My rear lights have been tinted using that tint spray stuff (i think), what product, if any, can i use to remove it?! I briefly tried a bit of white spirit earlier but it didn't seem to do anything!

Finally: My oil temp gauge isnt reading at all, ive tried doing some searches but couldnt really find much. The only thing i did find was something to do with this:

08b4119d.jpg

(The thing that looks like a bolt head to the left of the filter)

Am i on the right lines here or am i well off? lol.

Any help would be great!

Cheers, Jamie.

Try a fine grade off wet and dry for rear lights

This should work ok, after try a good polish to buff them up an if that dont work maybe get a coat of laquire sprayed over them for a shine...

Have you taken the mirror off to see if its pluged in????

Dont know about the oil temp but that bolt head left of filter is just ya oil return pipe...

Thanks for the replys! I'll give the wet and dry a go tomorrow :(

I'll pop the mirror off tommorow and see if its all plugged in. The previous owner said it was but might aswell check then.

Same as above, the previous owner said it was all wired up and stuff, ill get behind the gauge tommorow and try and see whats what. Is it just one wire that eventually leads to somewhere on the block?

Cheers!

If it had a sandwich plate it would have one wire to the sensor which would be screwed into the plate and another wire to an earth point. Then another wire to power the light, if the gauge is a lit one.

Although you can get them mounted elsewhere on the engine block/ oil pipes etc... which you might have

If it had a sandwich plate it would have one wire to the sensor which would be screwed into the plate and another wire to an earth point. Then another wire to power the light, if the gauge is a lit one.

Although you can get them mounted elsewhere on the engine block/ oil pipes etc... which you might have

Ok cheers for the info, ill try and give it a good looking over tommorow and see whats what :(

My guess is the previous owner hit the mirror off and couldnt find a Glanza wing mirror so replaced it with an n/a non electric mirror, just take it off and see :(

Not sure on the last question but thats your oil feed to the turbo, to run a oil temp/pressure gauge most people normally use a sandwich plate that goes between the oil filter and the block

Just went to take the mirror off but the 3 screws are too close to the body of the car? Basically I can't get the screwdriver to the screw! How am I supposed to get round this?

EDIT: I've got the mirror off from inside the car. There is a wire coming from the mirror but I can't find the plug that it should go into. Can I get the top part of the door card off?

Just went to take the mirror off but the 3 screws are too close to the body of the car? Basically I can't get the screwdriver to the screw! How am I supposed to get round this?

EDIT: I've got the mirror off from inside the car. There is a wire coming from the mirror but I can't find the plug that it should go into. Can I get the top part of the door card off?

a really short screw driver or a ratchet with a screw diver socket

140.jpg

this sort of thing