Some mo*fo tried Nicking my car!

The person damaged my drivers lock barrel and snapped something inside it, don't think they managed to open the door but the alarm went off and they got back into there car and went off. This has propped pi#t me well off! Took all ice system out of car, dont know wether to take my other mods off and make it standard? Need some advise guys.... Car alarmed up with imob. All windows are tinted even front ones but you can't tell.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yup i just had this 3 gypsies in a van saying there guna get my car 2nite i went to the range and picked up a wheel clamp for £19.99 put it on every night since and not heard them come

back well worth it mate

fits wheels 15" up to 225tyre width

im also getin a lock that goes on handbrake and gearknob so u cant take handbrake off and cant change gear :)

yeh alarm when off, that when they legged it back into there car and went off, dont know wether to take other mods off such as car seats and bonnet to make the car more standard???

Sorry I must be blind, just read it again lol

don change your mods invest in some security.

1. cameras

2. car park post (30 notes on ebay)

3. steering lock or snap off steering wheel

i have my bedroom window wide open every night ive had a car stolen from mine ill do my best to make sure it never happens again

Cunts mate, sleep with one eye open tonight and massacre them! or try make sure that some stuff is bolted down pretty tough so they will struggle getting anything! Maybe think about getting some CCTV cameras to try and catch them.

some nice tips there, was going to look into pop off steering wheel but dont know where to start??? i love my mods because they are there because i want them for my own needs and not so someone pick it off like an apple off a tree.

don change your mods invest in some security.

1. cameras

2. car park post (30 notes on ebay)

3. steering lock or snap off steering wheel

i have my bedroom window wide open every night ive had a car stolen from mine ill do my best to make sure it never happens again

bastards mate, its a joke you cant have nothing without some nob trying to nick or destroy your propperty, ive got a decent cctv system on my house none of this 199 quid cheap shite from your local wickes but i fit cctv for a living etc...

if your interested we have fitted quite a few systems at houses, car tuners and car enthusiasts where you can look on your mobile phone and laptop etc... but these are a fairbit more than some cheap system you can buy from aldi but you get what you pay for like anything do you rebuild a big power engine using the cheapest parts you can find or do it propperly lol.(i say this cause everyone shows interest untill you tell them a price because they saw some rubbish system in their local maplins with no after support)

was going to fit other mods to my car today aswell..... now i am thinking not to bother with at all! bought alot of stuff and had plans to fit all them on but losing faith in it now.... :p

shouldnt have to go round thinking like that when you work hard to mod your car. :) i panic about leaving my car at the cinema and stuff people just carelessly wang the door open with no respect for anything just because they dont care.

maplin do some decent cctv kits cameras at 420 tvlines 60 degree viewing angle 20m nightvision then they include date time stamp , quad screen, click and zoom, remote viewing via iphone or network over a lan etc 4 channel input 320gb saved in h.264 so you get a few months recording, so much more lol

going to need a good camera, if i get a cctv system i am going to do the full house front and back and do it all at once, its been a couple of year since i have looked into cctv system but if i can view it on my iphone thats a bonus. surely its a DIY job for installing these cctv systems?

thanks..will check out what kits they have and comapare them on the internet... need to measure up the distance from where cameras are going to be installed to where i park my car and get find out the best viewing angles to mount them.

yeah dude kits consists of 4 cameras and 18m of cable very easy all plug n play etc

the dvr's i suppose aint too bad good quality normally sees about 2 weeks or something dependant on the harddrive size and how many cameras youve got, which is what you want max quality, the shops we do normally want at least 30 days but they also want a good picture so with the amount of cameras they normally have at least 16 and alot of shops just lately are moving to 32 and using 2 16 way dvr's so weve been fitting units with 1 terrabite drives,

its more the cameras are rubbish and they say there this amount of lines and that, but its more apparent if you get to view different cameras in places that have got 1 or 2 cheap cameras and the rest decent equipment,

i always say this to everyone if the cheap stuff is that good why do wickes pay more than the price of a whole cctv systems they sell in their own store to fit 1 camera wired and a couple of blokes wages lol. ive done cctv for alsorts of places primark, smiths, debenhams, big supermarket chains, the jewelry quarter etc...

we fit dvr's that cost 2-3k alone at some places who are very paticular,i suppose you could say the cameras do vary and some cheaper ones are better than others,

not long back actually we fitted a cheaper camera on somones house the picture wasnt bad and it had audio aswell,

it was also wireless well they say that but you still need power so still a ballache if your doing an install for a customer it has to be nice and neat and clipped etc so no time is saved really and then the picture goes fuzzy because you need line of sight really,

ive been doing this for a few years but my dads done it all his life but i tell you something you never do learn 1 system no matter how long youve been doing it you fit 1 dvr and never see it agen lol, this jobs turned into allsorts and into the realms of i.t. and a computer person and many things than just fitting it now, the problem seems to emerge with quite a few people when it comes to setting it up over the net and even we are left scratching our heads at times the netgear router seems to work the best weve found, its when customers cant remember the passwords to access their routers.

suppose its a difficult one unless youve been or seen the different systems,its all down to cost and people dont want to pay the money so weve found ourselves fitting cheaper equipment in the times were in, its like anything i want to push down the price on getting more power out my engine so ill scout ebay and forums etc... and then say well i can get this for that much but then they are asking more money for their item and telling me that this one does so much more and is better quality but my ears are shut to that bit im looking at the price and thats what everyone does with us apart from the big chains who still want the best gear. more people have a go at doing it themselves i know i would if i didnt do it for a living id just do it myself to save money, but weve met alsorts of customers that have decided they can do it and its just ended up costing them money in the end or they have paid cowboys. ps sorry for the massive essay :o