Hi,

I want to get a FMIC but not sure what to go for.... I've seen a forced intercooler (which ive never heard of), an intercooler that doesnt say who made it (but looks a lot like the forced intercooler) and a blitz one

Un-named: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...em=160072485956 (£343 inc P&P)

Forced: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...em=180072775364 (£415 inc P&P)

Blitz LM: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...em=270016618132 (£530 inc P&P)

I'm guessing the Blitz one is shit-hot, but how do the others compare? (i plan to be running around the 200BHP mark and dont want to spend the extra if the blitz one wont make any difference at that power)

are there any other intercoolers i should consider, and can anyone get these intercoolers any cheaper?

Cheers guys

Blitz are the dogs danglies,but expensive. The top two are the same cooler just one has been marked up in price for retail here,the arc cooler is very good and rare but i believe it's sold??? Could be wrong on that. Theres also WEPR and autofixed intercoolers available on TGTT.If you have cash available you may still be able to join the group buy on WEPR coolers at £290 delivered. search for jones__36,hes doin the group buy.

by the way, i'll do you it cheaper than 350, that was an original proposed price, would be willing to do it cheaper now.

other than that, the top two you've suggested are wank, look at those 90 degree bends, hahahahahaha......

the blitz is the only decent one, but it depends what you're after.

im running 1bar on a stock top mount fine, and alot of japs run upto k24 kits on the stock intercooler, so an arc top mount would and should handle 200bhp just fine.

obviously its gonna suffer when sat in traffic, but you aint driving quick or needing bhp in that situation, when you're hooning it round a track it shouldnt matter at all, plus its alot ligher with no additional pipework and absolutely zero lag (unlike the other long piped fmic's).

Other than that, the blitz or hks kits are the only ones i'd go for.

Have a BLITZ one on my GT, its alovely job and massive to look at so you get an element of bling attached to it, think i got mine in from Greenline at about £340 plus delivery, so very cheap if you order from the japs

i have a custom core available for £125 of decent size, will get dimensions shortly,

GEOBradfordJan07028.jpg

take this to an exhaust fab shop and they should be able to knock the piping up for 100-150

this is an alternenative cheaper option mate

the 90% bends on that system come up alot.

i dont think its something you specificly notice. im ok with physics and such and i can understand some of the faults that people may believe and the faults that are true. but then only way to know is to compare or try.

there not bad for the cash

the arc ones are about 450 or something from what i know, and they come up on yahoo auctions now n then.

id be stuck between choice too. im thinking of getting one soon but dont know which one. im not spending over 350 for an intercooler... some are rip offs.

whats wrong with Greddy Ecks?

The only thing I can see wrong with the Gressy FMIC from a performance point of view is that it retains the AirCon so takes a slightly more arduous route -- though it spools up fine for me and also only had a 1-2psi drop across the core c/w my topmount so is from what I've read one of the more efficient FM coolers

The BLITZ one in the instructions it dosn't say you have to remove the air con, however i removed the air con for weight reasons. The Core picture that was posted up on this thread looks practically identical to the BLITZ core except obviously for the blitz stamp on it