hey guys as you know i got myself some 15x8 rota grid vs! having trouble finding someone to fit them! I've had stupid quotes like £20 per wheel!

best quote I've had is £60 all inn, this includes:

removing tyre of existing wheel

putting tyre on new rim and stretch them on

balance new wheel

dose this sound okay price wise?

or even better dose anyone on here who can do it live round the west midlands area so you can do it for me?!

any info please :)

cheers josh

hey guys as you know i got myself some 15x8 rota grid vs! having trouble finding someone to fit them! I've had stupid quotes like £20 per wheel!

best quote I've had is £60 all inn, this includes:

removing tyre of existing wheel

putting tyre on new rim and stretch them on

balance new wheel

dose this sound okay price wise?

or even better dose anyone on here who can do it live round the west midlands area so you can do it for me?!

any info please :)

cheers josh

If your putting 195's on they'll go straight no hassle any half decent tyre place could do it its just like putting a normal tyre on if its 195 your going with no special techniques needed. As for the prices your getting quoted they sound retarded imo.

60 quid all in for 4 wheels aint too bad. all the places around here are about 12 - 15 per wheel. make sure they give ya nice new valves aswell just so your gettin moneys worth and be shit to have to pay another pointless 15 quid to get a valve done.

places usually give a bit of discount for 4 tires tho.

Dude, that is fucking MINT :)

Cheers Luke appreciate it.

^^^^^^ that looks mits mate! get some pics up for picture of the month! think you have a good chance :p

Thanks dude I'll give it a polish and get proper pics when I get a chance its been sitting up over the last few months getting forged and other bits so it a bit rough cosmetically lol would'nt be up to the standard of those pics imo.

that looks the muts nuts corey!! :p:wub:

Cheers dude :D

All GENUINE too ay Corey :D

You know it Sanchez lol :)

• 4 months later...
Stretch can stop gay tyre flex tho

right upto when your tyre shots off the rim on a tight corner or roundabout!!

stretching tyres...... it looks cool, but....... i'd much prefer to know when i throw in for that next tight right hander my tyres will still be firmly attached to my alloys!

just my 2 pence there!! if you like it go for it!!! and price wise i'd say that was about right!!

some wall flex is a good thing mate. it needs to be able to move around slightly over being rock solid because its already overly stretched. This is why manufactures don't recommend running widths over or under certain sizes as it effects the way the wall reacts and compromises its performance

Tim

TB Developments

I run stretched tyres on my mx5, 8" and ET0.... abuse the crap out of them every corner and not to mention the private drift sessions i take part in :D.

everyone has there opinion on stretched tyres, but something subtle like 195/50 or even 45 isnt going to pop off the rim or kill you somehow haha.

stretching CAN go to far though.

195/50's on an 8 isn't really stretch bud, I'd say it's just under the limit of any safety issues, I just fitted some 195/40's on to a rare 8.5" set of volk wheels for a show car, they were a bitch to fit and I had to cheetah them on..

There is no way I'd use these everyday but they looked wicked fitted

c46fae51.jpg

06d97d4a.jpg

b8aa97c5.jpg