Got a sensor issue on my 4E-FE

Hello guys

Im just abouts to put a gen1 inlet manifold and Glanza TB on my corolla e10 4E-FE but i have come across a little problem. I have got an extra sensor on my throttle body compered to the glanza throttle body.

Hes a pic of the sensor on my throttle body

post-3854-1298573138.jpg

Now what is that sensor? can i unplug it and put the glanza throttle body on and everything will be fine? orr is there another way around this? Any help would be very much appreciated ;)

Edit..I've just found a pic of 179glanza's when he had it and his Glanza S seams to have the same sensor but then he ended up putting a Glanza V inlet manifold on just befor he sold it the only thing im not sure about is did he use a Glanza V throttle body orr just put the standard on? if he did put a Glanza V TB on then what did he do with that sensor?

He's a pic of 179Glanza' engine bay if you look just under the throttle body you will see them same sensor.

100_2220.jpg

Well thats a start, atleast i know what the sensor is now thanks ;)

What it is i think you can put the Glanza TB on a Gen1 4E-FE as the icv is on the laft hand side of the inlet like you have described and the Gen2 4E-FE has the icv under the throttle body.

so im thinking i cant use the Glanza TB? unless i can change the method some how? anymore help would be great :p

Well thats a start, atleast i know what the sensor is now thanks :)

What it is i think you can put the Glanza TB on a Gen1 4E-FE as the icv is on the laft hand side of the inlet like you have described and the Gen2 4E-FE has the icv under the throttle body.

so im thinking i cant use the Glanza TB? unless i can change the method some how? anymore help would be great :)

On my old car with that Inlet you bought off me, I had a glanza TB on it, that idle control sensor i just bolted so it wouldnt move below the TB.

On my old car with that Inlet you bought off me, I had a glanza TB on it, that idle control sensor i just bolted so it wouldnt move below the TB.

So where abouts would i bolt it buddy? its got to screws going through the sensor so if i mount it anywhere near the throttle body it will be fine it dosnt have to be in any particuler position?

im on the final stages of making something up so i can run a glanza t/b and still have the n/a idle control sensor.

you cant just take the idle sensor off the n/a throttle and leave it pluged it runs of a vacum thats how its ajusts the idle so you have to keep giving it that vaccum i have made all the parts for it just need to test it will let you know what my results are soon

Right i've took the 2 small screws out of the icv and pulled it off the shaft/spindle thingy and started the car to see what happened!! well the car was wanting to cut out just like i thought it would but when i put the icv near the shaft/spindle the revs picked up?

So my question is what dose that shaft/spindle thingy actually do? dose is suck air in? orr is it some mangnet orr something?..Because im thinking of cutting the shaft/spindle off my throttle body and leave it left in the icv so it thinks everything is hunky dory so then i can fit the Glanza TB..Anymore help would be appreciated

lol, talk about the long way round fella. just take it off the n/a throttle boby and leave it pluged in and tie it up som wer in the engine bay does not need to be in the inlet. thr is a idle screw in the top of the glanza throttle body and a thermostate conrole valve under the throttle boby. if u got this off redz i set it up so should be set at 1000rpm. be very care full not to mix up the water pipes and vac pipes as it will smoke like a bitch, aint that right lee. if u need help locating the correct pipes just ask lukep he has 1 in bits removing the hot idle control off the glanza throttle body, he will be able to send u pics, i could explain it to u but i think things will be confusing. wat colour are your injectors if green change for brown, and if brown change for gray. but brown are good for the extra top end this mani gives, u should notice a power increase in the rpm range of 3000-6000 and will loose alittle right at bottom thats y i set the idle at 1000 and advance the ignition timing by 1 degree

lol, talk about the long way round fella. just take it off the n/a throttle boby and leave it pluged in and tie it up som wer in the engine bay does not need to be in the inlet. thr is a idle screw in the top of the glanza throttle body and a thermostate conrole valve under the throttle boby. if u got this off redz i set it up so should be set at 1000rpm. be very care full not to mix up the water pipes and vac pipes as it will smoke like a bitch, aint that right lee. if u need help locating the correct pipes just ask lukep he has 1 in bits removing the hot idle control off the glanza throttle body, he will be able to send u pics, i could explain it to u but i think things will be confusing. wat colour are your injectors if green change for brown, and if brown change for gray. but brown are good for the extra top end this mani gives, u should notice a power increase in the rpm range of 3000-6000 and will loose alittle right at bottom thats y i set the idle at 1000 and advance the ignition timing by 1 degree

Ive still got the TB chris, Micky took the inlet, I thought the screw was on the standard TB for that idle control to sit on?

^^Thanks very much for that info Chris, it has help me so much you wouldnt believe cheers.. ;)

So what you are saying is i cant put the corolla bug eye throttle body on a Gen1 inlet?...If thats right then what TB has Lee got on his Glanza S? because he's got the Glanza V inlet which is the same as the Gen1 inlet.

Michael

it could be either the corrola 1st gen or turbo the corrola 1st gen is much smaller limiting the engine top end to around 88hp - the turbo is the biggest i think u want to go and need to go. this system would benafit from the stanard air box with high flow pannel filter.

• 3 weeks later...

Ive got the gen1 inlet mani on along with the stock throttle body...the reason been is the TPS on the glanza TB has 3 pins and mine has 4 so im not sure how to go about that do you have any suggestions bud?

The MT TB (manual transmition) is different to the AT TB (auto transmition) you can ony use the auto on an auto or.... on an aftermarket ECU like emanage if you want to put a glanza TB on your N/A you need to find a MT one for it to work

Hmm still dont get it lol...so my TB is an auto yes? so even if i got an MT one the plug on the loom that plugs into the TPS is still going to be for 4 pins if you get me...am i not understanding something somewhere? lol