friday night was a race to get to adams, so that he would remove the valves out of the head for me so that i could keep cleaning out the ports on the head, so i ended up with a load of bits looking like this on my bench at home now

0dafa8e9.jpg

today i started to clean out the car and remove the headlining as theres really no point it being there now as the whole car is pretty much striped out, also cheers to robbie for given me a hand to clean all the sound deading off the roof,

94e37551.jpg

then it was time to sort out the windscreen washer bottle, which i to moved to the rear quater panel, then was the job of wiring in and rerunning the pipes

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah I've done the same with my wiper washer bottle, but not actually finished the setup yet.

Do you need a replacement piston? I have spare 5EFHE/4EFTE pistons.

moving the washer bottle just tidys up the engine bay, and thank you idrees for the offer, but i going to use forged pistons and rods this time,

as running what i was, there wasnt any real diffrence to a 4e

its been good day today so i have got around to doing some more to the car,

as you all no i have no heaters so i have ripped every thing out that is to do with the heaters in order to save weight, but behind my dash theres loads off looms that do bugger all so i have got rid off them, and the sound deading behind the dash!

this is what it looks like behind my dash i really want to sort it out :lol:

b713f1f7.jpg

and the bits that are not needed now

c696ec89.jpg

and the best bit of the day was that my head is back all freshly skimed ready for the rebuild :D

0d4143d7.jpg

also i am working on the next bit for the car, which will help with weight, power and handling :p

right good news my pistons should be here tomorrow :) also i been working on the dash fitting a battery cut off switch and i have got a harness for my turbo timer

heres a quick pic of it all lit up

555fb505.jpg

right as the heater are gone completey now i thought i would block up the holes and fit my cut off switch there 7bd8b024.jpg

some 6mm mdf to fill the hole we had some new glue at work to test to see if it any good so i thought i try some on my dash :)4dbcda99.jpg

88df9d29.jpg

back to it this time its was to clear out the the engine bay so that ment steering rack and gearbox out,

i and going to paint the gear box as it out and hope to repaint the engine bay, i am hope to get rid of my power steering as well and have a non power rack in it so this is the pics at the end of today

8101f8f6.jpg

54bad203.jpg

24184e96.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

a small update on the car as i am still waiting on funds to get the block over bored and crank reground

right the frist thing was the gearbox, after a couple hours of cleaning and then a cost of paint it look like new

1a8dee54.jpg

to this

c1a4fe61.jpg

then it was the heads plus inlet manifold turn

d942ba4e.jpg

next was the loom as it still got all the abs plugs in it and air con

2f65806c.jpg

this is was i striped out of one loom

3b236b04.jpg

as the engine bay is empty i thought it would be rude not to give that a clean up too so out came the lights and every thing else

6652012d.jpg

e007a248.jpg

cc65b217.jpg

This build has "nightspirit" written all over it :p I like :p

i heard about this build and i remember the car being broken sadly, is the build still on here?

Awsome work mate!!!

Really cracking on with it

tbh mate its been slow due to the lack of funds but things are looking better and i have fitted a new non PAS rack to it now!

and i cant wait to build the engine up now!

sparky did you have any luck with your brakes, and what are they like with the wilwoods on them????

Brakes are unreal mate :lol:

Thanks for the help.

wicked mate i hope to order the rear lines for mine at some point soon

right olny done a little bit this weekend but i am happy to say the power steering is now gone and i have got a new rack, with a huge weight saving as well also i finished removing the sound deading in the foot wells,

39f843ee.jpg

ede502d9.jpg

great work wish i had half the patience u have lol gonna be epic when its done

patience is somethink i would love to have as well! I just try and keep doing bits that don't cost any thing when i cant afford the next part

and i really dont think this car will ever be finished in my eyes,

Brilliant thread mate, not a stone left unturned on this ep!

I got sick of removing an engine once, nevermind how many times you've done it! lol

most of the time i found it easyer to take the engine out to work on it, and the list for the car to be done is huge but i really looking in to rear brake line and a brake bias valve for it next

most of the time i found it easyer to take the engine out to work on it, and the list for the car to be done is huge but i really looking in to rear brake line and a brake bias valve for it next

Fair play, sounds daft but have you undersealed it yet? Going to domine on the weekend lol

Fair play, sounds daft but have you undersealed it yet? Going to domine on the weekend lol

no i am not a great fan of it as it can do as much good as it can bad. by bad i mean hide parts that need sorting out but i see about it then it has a compete strip down and all welded up over the winter,

like i have said i got sort of a plan for it now! which helps

It took me hours to polish that rocker cover! Glad youve put the engine to good use mate :lol: .

yeah i guessed and it still looks the same now, your lovely engine hopefully should be in the machine shop on wednesday to be over bored,

decked and the crank reground,

right as you know the engine bay was in primer and i got hold of a couple tins of paint now to finish it off

so i striped all the bits i could off and it looked like this

48e40314.jpg

this how it looked with a bit of paint

6748b6ce.jpg

e92a208d.jpg

then the fun bit fitting every thing back in!

58f88e1c.jpg

then i was fitting bits back in to the engine bay i wanted to hide as much wiring as possable so first bit was the lights

c8420656.jpg

4fd06b68.jpg

Oooooh I am loving what your doing mate!!

Awsome work, I do look forward to your updates :(

cheers sparky i am getting there with it now! i cant wait for all the bits to come, as it's step closer to getting it back on the road!

lights are working and wires are hiden out the way now this is the drivers side light

469fc3e8.jpg

then it was on to brakes, as i olny fitted braided lines to the front, i thought it was abit rude not to replace the rears!

i reused the front line two lines and my clutch line to make the rear up. this time i am having them on show by running inside the car

as i ripped out most of the abs wiring now there was the two holes ready to put the lines though and with a nice T piece

dc678bc4.jpg

how the lines a looking on the bulkhead in the engine bay

277e5f04.jpg

ff46a7b8.jpg

also i have ordered all the bits to finish the brake lines off, which wasnt to bad as it cost me roughly £200 to change the lot now

Awsome attention to detail mate!!!

Crack on with it I want to see more :p

yes sir lol

looks awesome so far mate. like the effort goin into small things like hiding wiring etc. what brake lines are they? sorry if someone has asked already lol

don't be sorry fella, the brake lines i have got made up and there branded venhill, if you want the sizes i can get them for you,

right as sparky wanted me to crack on i have done a bit more, this time i have moved the steering wheel down by 20mm by adding 2 washers each side

c4a719ba.jpg

apart from this i been busy ordering more brake lines and battery wire to finish them off,