i walked in the door tonight, to find my lovely dad had seen that i had a package form PEC and then desided to shreaded the box because he had worked out that it was my con rods. :o so by setting the dog on him, i managed to nick the rods back of him and fit the pistons on to the con rods and the piston rings tonight,

and they should be dropped of at the machine shop to be fitted in to the block tomorrow :D

the first one done

798376bb.jpg

9bf43cc3.jpg

all ready to go and be fitted in to the block!!!!!!!

30a64192.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the bottom end is done!! it came back to today and i cracked on with building the engine up!

pistons and rods in ready to replace the crank in with new main and big end bearings

ab54d64d.jpg

9f3f64b4.jpg

the short block and gear box fitted in with out the head as it easyer to fit with out a engine crane

1df8df98.jpg

then the head with the inlet and turbo kit bolted on placed in then torque down,

743a4816.jpg

cams, and timing belt all refitted ready to go,

fe06e901.jpg

right i have primed the engine by turning it over once tonight but i will have to do the again tomorrow before i start it up,

the to do list isnt to bad to finish off the engine now

drive shafts

fuel lines

rad hose to fit

coolant

plumb in boost controller

connect intercooler pipes up

spark plugs

and thats about it i am hopping to take it for a short run up the hill to see what the engine is like before i go mad plus i am looking forward to trying it with out power steering now,

right frist thing this morning was to connect up the fuel lines and fit the spark plugs and then just pray it starts, first time and nothing, heart sinks then i have a idea, start at the begining with the earths, and i was glad to find one was lose!

second time, started no problems thank god its alive!

right with it started i pushed on drive shafts in, coolant hoses all fitted and filled, inter cooler pipes were next, then it was all done!! :)

i had the chance to try it on the road, its a bit of a hand full now, due to the tracking needing to be set up.

jut some pics when i was done

93a9648b.jpg

cf2a30e3.jpg

eac11d40.jpg

Awesome work :)

cheers mate :)

Pleased for you mate :(

thanks sparky,

right i done abit more to the glanza ready for a mot,

frist thing on the list was find out were it looks like i got oil leaks, one was just on the cam cover were i found abit of crap under the seal so with that done i found i got one on a driveshaft which i am guessing / hoping there a oil seal i can just replace,

next on the list was the turbo timer which just need to be set up,

i had the chance to take it down the track, to try and get the brake proportioning valve some were handy, to help tone the rear brakes down, and its nuts its only about half a turn to having full rear brakes to nothing on the rear,

but sadly its going to have to sit and wait to be run in now, as i have to pay bills for my house which sucks,

so all i can say is watch this space!!!

right with money being tight as i need to get the car back on the road i had a go at painting my wheels

how they looked when i got them last month

227012db.jpg

6b77636d.jpg

and now in black

3766ca42.jpg

cd6522af.jpg

they do look good in black but i am not 100% sure i like them yet,

• 2 weeks later...

right its back on the road and i have already racked up over a 100miles on the new engine!

with no problems so far!

i have only took it up to .4 of a bar of boost to start with and let the engine wear in before going nuts.

i was hoping to do a oil change around 200 to 250 miles as then it should be getting there by then,

once again i got to say a big thank you to AJ for the mot and all the help to get the car this far, all i can say is i owe you big time!

I loved reading all 3 pages of this build. What did you do to prep the wheels. I was thinking of doing mine, but not sure what I should do for sanding prep.

i just rubbed them down with wet and dry and just use normal primer then a cost of paint,

and sparky its wicked!!!

• 4 weeks later...

right after 1500 miles on my new engine and trax the car is looking better then ever, heres a pic of the car on track and i do have video of it but i havent seen it yet so i hope it ok when i get it

5838b521.jpg

now a week later its started to leak oil from the oil pump which i think is a seal gone which isnt to bad,

here we go again back to the build, right as you know the wheels were white then black and now i found the color i like, cadburys purple!

heres some pics for you :)

e5494c18.jpg

a22640b8.jpg

also i been bored thinking of whats next on the car and started adding to the stickers on my seat,

126a39e5.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

its been long time, since i done a update on the car,

the tyre are waiting to be fitted now, but i been told they are waiting on some nitrogen to fill them with?

right i been shopping too, and got hold of two 6 point harnesses, for the price of one!

also i have removed the side skirts ready for the new jam ones,

just a sneaky picture of the harnesses,and one of the drit behind the skirts

40fae096.jpg

76d72dc9.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...