Shell/Chassis/body

Hope this is a quick question but im sure it wont be.

Is there any differance between a Uk shell ie Sr/Sportif and a JDM shell ie Glanza V/S

Any differance at all ? suspention mount points ? stronger areas ? brace mounting points ?

as far as i know rear braces are differant as JDM is 4 stud and UKDM is 2 stud ? also do UKDM cars have the mounting point in rear for a 3 point brace ?

Cheers

Nathan

There's no central mounting point on the ukdm rear strut, although a member on here has one fitted (custom jobby I think!)

Nathan

The only question I can answer there is about the 3point mounting for rear braces, the NA's don't have the bottom mount

Cheers lads

Both of these i was pretty sure about but atleast i know for defo, the main thing i wish to know is strengthening points and chassis strength ?

I don't think there are any major strengh differences! Just minor little differences! Like the rear 3rd point bracket and minor suspension mounts! Minor differences in trim mounts ie holes for skirts! Can't think of anything else!

the n/a shells are lighter than turbo shells alot of the jap tunners took n/a's and just transplanted all the stuff from a turbo over and it was still lighter than a turbo.

Any ide why Joel ? there must be some thinner/missing metal somewhere on the shell to make it lighter ?

Also im sure the exhaust centre section mounting points on the body are in different locations on the n/a and turbo.

Cant confirm this but im sure ive heard it on here before.

Cant think of any other differences off the top of my head thou.

Gary

Ive heard this before too thinking about it so that makes sense

Cheers Gary