don't konw what to do now...

Iâ??m seriously considering giving up and try to fix my beloved GT, as I have throw most of my hard earned cash to sort the problem out :p .

It all started of by having the stem seal change last year November, as the car was smoking on idle but not on driving. So I have changed the seals, change the head gasket, head skimmed and new head bolts etc.

Got the car back and it still smoking, but this time its worse then before, the car was missing badly, smoke was poring out the exhaust and it almost over heated. So I took it back to the garage and they told me that it could be the oil seal on the turbo thatâ??s gone, hence the problem apart from the over heating. So took there advice and change the turbo (hoping that should sort it out). Wrongâ?¦still no improvement. So car went back for the third time, they strip the engine again only this time they found out itâ??s the oil ring on the piston was badly worn. So changed the piston rings etcâ?¦ got the car back andâ?¦ finally its FIXED!!! :p

Until two weeks ago :) the bottom end started to knock as I was driving with in 5secounds of noticing the knocking noise the engine cut out, anyway long story short. Strip the bottom end found out I have spun a bearing on the 1st cylinder, and because I was driving when that happened it also damaged the crank was wellâ?¦

So I donâ??t really know what to do now, either getting a 2nd hand engine or try and fix the bottom end with a new crank (meaning more money which I donâ??t have), or sell the car as it is with the damaged engineâ?¦

aw that sound crap bud :/ really feel for ya, always happens when we're out of pocket.. If you can try and source a cheapish engine and replace it.. otherwise break it and sell it off and get another GT? hard decision to make but still.. hope it works out for you bud

thanks bud, i'm looking a for a new engine but they all cost from 400+, i did find a new crank for about £90 which its good, but i sure the labor wont be chaep.