Ignore first post that's how I have to start a thread on phone.

Gone to start up the old n/a today and she's wouldn't basically. Im pretty sure it's battery orientated as I'm getting no lights, stereo, central locking etc, what I'm worried about is this clicking sound it's making. See video

http://s752.photobucket.com/albums/xx167/J...nt=10d40512.mp4

Also I thought that if it was only the battery then bumping the car would get it charging.

We bumped it twice and it was struggleing badly, was holding it between 5 and 6k and both times it cut out after about ten seconds.

Will a new battery sort this out or is there more o should be worried about.

Also a point to mention is the car has been sat for about a month without being started.

Any help appreciated

Ross

Clicking will just be your starter motor trying to work, however there will be no power to it possibly.

Check the connections? Could be corroded or a dodgy connection somewhere.

Also get a battery charger and leave it to charge over night.

The worst would be that the alternator aint functioning, meaning the battery isn't charging.

Yep 100% starter making that noise, it's Because the solenoid on starter hasn't enough power to it to get the thing engaged. I'd take your battery

Down to your local motor factors they will charge it and test it for you for a few quid if not free, if it's flat because one of the cells have gone down just replace it and it should start up first turn of the

Key, then once fitted get your arse back to the motor factors and ask them just to check the charge on and off load to make sure the alt is working.