Any one seen this before?

I don't like them as they only modifie the signal at a set boost level .8 I think so on without fpr this car will fuel normal till .8 bar then run lean, but when added to a fpr before .8 bar it will run richer (remember these cars run rich anyway) and after .8 bar will run ok.

IMO hks is better as it modified the signal from set go, so the fpr will bring it back on par and you will still have fuel cut if it over boosts

I was under the impression the HKS was least favoured out of Greddy and JAM FCC/FCD.

I remember reading this on TGTT on a few occasions, unless the thesis has changed

I was always under the assumption it was the other way around Luke?

As I said, hks tells tells the ecu it's running less boost even on tick over so you up the fuel preassure to compensate, which will make it an even fuel distribution, greedy jam or any clamp type Fcd will only tell the ecu the boost is less than it is at 0.8bar+ , so If you up the fuel pressure to compensate, below 0.8bar it will be running rich not sure if any of you know what boar wash is but what it means is that excessive fuel will basically wash the oil away from the boar and rings causing excessive ring wear and premature engine wear/failure

As I said, hks tells tells the ecu it's running less boost even on tick over so you up the fuel preassure to compensate, which will make it an even fuel distribution, greedy jam or any clamp type Fcd will only tell the ecu the boost is less than it is at 0.8bar+ , so If you up the fuel pressure to compensate, below 0.8bar it will be running rich not sure if any of you know what boar wash is but what it means is that excessive fuel will basically wash the oil away from the boar and rings causing excessive ring wear and premature engine wear/failure

this is interesting to know, and makes a lot of sense.

Well I had to have a fcd on my hks ecu which makes sence and worked very well as the afr was spot on when rolling roaded at mm rr day last year. Now I'm running blitz access and to me it don't feel as aggressive and fuels more as when I give it full beans from low speeds/revs I get a puff of black smoke which would indicate running rich.

the jam fcd works quite well tbh. as the starlets tend to run quite lean up the top end anyway, clamping it to allow you to run 1 bar can be safe. you need to get it checked to be 100% though.

the hks fcd just offsets voltage by a set amount depending on the position of the potentiometer on the front. im unsure whether it just does this when the boost is positive or throughout the whole range.

either fcd will do the job equally well as long as it is checked to be sure.