I don't understand how an adjustable actuator can be adjusted?! I know you obvisouly twist the arm to get your desired boost level but 1. the actuator is fixed onto the turbo and 2. the wastegate flap is fixed to the turbo. Surely if you spin the arm on the actuator and make it longer/shorter then it wouldn't fit? It's just really bugging me as i know a lot of people adjust there's all the time lol.

Its sprung loaded mate so the more tension on it the more boost is need to open the wastegate if that makes sense. lol

Ye that makes sense dude. So when you lengthen it or shorten it do you just have to pull/push the arm up to the wastegate flap?

The shorter the arm the higher boost pressure needed to open the wastegate, in order to put the arm back in the hole you'll need to put it under tension as it wont line up but yea the arm on the wastegate flap will always be shut

Ok so when i rotated my turbo slightly my actuator couldnt reach the wastegate when it was set at 0.8bar. It was about 1cm-2cm away. Are you saying that i can pull the arm to the wasteagate without damaging the actuator in anyway? Here is a picture i put on a thread a while back to show the distance i have (when set at 0.8bar):

078f4592.jpg

Are you kidding me?! So all of this time i could of just pulled the arm lol. I've been running at about 0.4bar for a while now and im fed up of it being so slow! haha :)

I was under the impression i had to get a new bracket made up!

Chers for the help :p

Jesus! I'm going out to the car in a sec dont worry haha :p

My only concern is that, obviously before the turbo was rotated, the arm reached the wastegate at 0.8bar without having to pull on it or anything. I'm not going to affect anything by me having to pull it out now am i?

do you have a boost gauge? Adjusting an actuator is 100000000000 times easier with one haha. If it reached last time and it doesn't now then it might be slightly higher. What make actuator is it?

The only reason i had to rotate the turbo was because my intercooler pipe wouldn't clear my ram horn manifold. So it was only rotated about 6mm downwards. When this was done the actuator arm no longer reached the wastegate which meant i had to wind down the arm to around 0.4bar.

I have a boost gauge yes and its a Toy Tuning actuator i think :p

But you can adjust it up now yeah? Sounds like a flawed mani if you can't get as high boost with it on

No if you look at the pic above, that is the actuator set at 0.8bar (as it was before i rotated the turbo). Because there was that gap, i had to wind the actuator down which meant i could only run 0.4bar. But from what was said above, apparently i can tug on the actuator arm and stretch it onto the wastegate?

Well i man'd up last night and tugged away at the actuator and WOW! Im back at 0.8 bar baby :)

When i first adjusted it and took it out it went up to 0.95 and it didnt half bloody shift haha! Had to take it back down again though becasue i dont want to be running lean :) lol.

It's safe to say this problem is sorted now! Thanks Sparky and to the others that contributed! :p

so that was your problem all along:O lol

did you hit fuelcut when it was boosting to .95?

Yee! Really anoying that i've found this out so late! haha :)

Noo im rocking the 'crude' fpr and fcd set up so no fuel cut problems :)