what do ya's think of this

http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/2639800.htm

the guy has been in contact with me and may be interested in a swap for my 106.i think the power is a bit optimistic but i don't mind that.i've spent nearly 1k in the last few weeks on my car so i really should keep it for peace of mind but i'm desperately wanting a starlet and at the moment the easiest way for me to get one is by swapping or selling my car.

i can't afford to buy a shitter and as its a long way from me would anyone be willing to go have a look for if you stay close......i would only really ask if the swap got serious and i would start a thread to ask.

let me know what you's all think anyway cheers :)

what about the prie,do you think that is reasonable and spot on?i mentioned to him int he email that the claimed power was a bit ott but it gives me the oppertunity to up the power if the deal happened.

i've asked for more pics and a little bit more info,i've noticed quite a few starlets and glanza's are registered as non turbo's.problem is there is probably better gt turbo's out there at that price but no one is after a swap and if they are looking for a swap it ain't for a 106.i could wait and save up and get a better one but i'll be honest,i really want one now.

Makes you daft then, and the rest of the folk with illegally registered cars.

im not daft thanks!

majority of glanzas arnt registered as turbo

my car is perfectly insured as a glanza turbo and im not breaking the law in anyway thankyou!

i wouldnt even say 150hp... more like 140..

im quessing he believes his 3 Japanese stickers help make it up to 180bhp :s

all honesty the price seems okay but theres always more problems when you go to view the car

i wouldn't say it makes me daft mate,hence why i'm on here looking for some info and everyone's opinion.if i was daft i would of went through with it and not bothered with asking and i'm now thinking that maybe its not a good idea.i would change the details on the v5 because it would keep the insurance legit and not invalidate it,but like i said i'm kind of off the idea of the swap now.just need to be patient and save up for a better one :)

p.s:i thought that daft comment was for me :)

i wouldn't say it makes me daft mate,hence why i'm on here looking for some info and everyone's opinion.if i was daft i would of went through with it and not bothered with asking and i'm now thinking that maybe its not a good idea.i would change the details on the v5 because it would keep the insurance legit and not invalidate it,but like i said i'm kind of off the idea of the swap now.just need to be patient and save up for a better one :)

Sounds like a better plan mate:)

You'll find a nice one at a good price in no time

adam

You are if you think your legal...

Thats all im going to say on it. :)

im not daft thanks!

majority of glanzas arnt registered as turbo

my car is perfectly insured as a glanza turbo and im not breaking the law in anyway thankyou!

Wull, i wasnt calling you daft, i would if you bought that 1.3 Starlet... :)

whats annoying is all the good ones that are for sale just now and i know i can't afford them :)

i'm sure when i can though there will be plenty to choose from,which will be the next problem......which one to go for :)

You are if you think your legal...

Thats all im going to say on it. :)

Wull, i wasnt calling you daft, i would if you bought that 1.3 Starlet... :)

learn your shit!

clearly dont no anything about law

if i wasnt leagal then my sister who is a lawyer would of given me a boloocking at the several times i have been pulled by the police would of given me problems and the fact my insurance company knows the car is registered a 1.3 non turbo but said there is no problems with it being insured as a turbo and the fact a mate has the same car registered as a non turbo and just wrote it off had no problems with the police or with his insurance!

im perfectly legal thankyou very much!

now now guys keep the peace.

i know mate i didn't notice you had quoted the other comment.anyway,i personally would of thought that the v5 would need to say that it was a import,and that it was a turbo.but i also agree with the declaring everything to the insurers......but whether thats enough when the v5 says different i don't know.

Wait until you are properly ready to buy a decent one in your price range Wull, the difference will be huge.

As for insurance my v5 (logbook) is still unchanged as a 1.3 starlet but it is perfectly insured as a 1.3 4EFTE turbo conversion.

If the law asks to see proof all you need is your insurance certificate with the proper details that its a turbo.

1.3 on logbook means sfa as long as its properly insured. If neither fronts are stated/insured as turbo then your insurance is void = Huge Muppet Fail.

Joz

Looks like he's trying to hide something in those pics. The way I see it, if they can't understand the simplicity of taking a few pictures clearly, then they probably treat their cars shit too.