suspension handling for rough roads(discusion)

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanx again for your advice harrie

reason i ask is the lowering springs on my old glanza were from a jap brand, the spring rates were soft on them and they lowered the car about 50mil- id like to get these again if possible,

or a decent lowering spring that has softer springrates,

Hey mate -- What kind of wheel nuts do you have?

Are those things in the pic maybe allen key type things to take off the wheels? I had to buy a new allen socket thingy'bob to get mine off!

i use some of the shittest roads everyday, single track country lanes which should of been re-surfaced years ago and with pot holes you could lose a tractor down, coilovers were the best thing i've ever used on them, end of the day if you want cumfort then buy a cushion, if you want your starlet to stay on the road and have a decent ride then get coilovers :ph34r:

I have to agree that coilovers are the way forward, no matter how hard or soft they are.

Thats if you want to get the best out of your car regardless of comfort. They are certainly bearable and I have the same harsh single country roads that Ryno mentioned.

Decent shocks and springs in the world wont compare to the full limit good coilys can take imo when cornering hard.

I also think that you get truer road feel. Saying this, they only come into their own once you start to pick up speed where you get the real benefits.

The starlet is not particularly made for straight roads (unless you are building a dragstrip monster) so coilovers give you a real advantage on hard & fast cornering say

70-100mph depending on the type of corner. Of course coilovers alone wont get you this ability without the rest of the suspension setup and balls of steel :ph34r:

I say this being my mates vti with the s+s setup, the ride is bumpier and also he cant take corners as harshly w/o braking. I would say his shocks are similar to Konis.

Coming from a handling junky, I wont be satisfied until I have an even stiffer ride.

Very good group buy on Whiteline Gear ending soon >> Whiteline GB

On a lighter note, here's those t-shirts >>Get your T-Shirts!

They are all selling really fast!!

Joz