What do I need for a reliable track GT?

can get an idea of oil temp , engine temp, revs, oil starvation (even for split seconds while under hard turning), component wear, oil leakage, is by far the best guage you will add! every one should have one on a starlet as when the oil is getting low (around just under the half line) the oil starvasion round cornering is insane!!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn that is really useful! :p

You've now made me feel less guilty over stumping for a set :D

Then again I'd rather pay £150 for gauges than hundreds for a new engine!

I remember reading about oil starvation round corners a long time ago on here, but thought it was only possible when oil was low

can get an idea of oil temp , engine temp, revs, oil starvation (even for split seconds while under hard turning), component wear, oil leakage, is by far the best guage you will add! every one should have one on a starlet as when the oil is getting low (around just under the half line) the oil starvasion round cornering is insane!!

this is why 3 and 4 rods com out the block simple fact is thy the furthest away from the pump. 3 & 4 shells also wer quickest due to the tolerences in all shells wearing to a certain piont (which im getting to know at wat presure loss to check at). also i have found the shells suffer bad radius ride from wer the crank pins are machined and the sharp edges are left and not debured out. which is 1 of the first things i do as it affects oil presure almost straight away wen running engines in. which for people running hardend shells this marks the shell which in turn marks the crank leading to a crank grind.