What do I need for a reliable track GT?

Hey guys

Planning to take my GT on track at JF2 for two 15 minute sessions. Just want to know what I need to keep it reliable as I can't afford a new engine by any means if any thing God forbid goes wrong! lol

Hoping to take it on a few track days a year in the future, and I'm planning to drive it as fast as possible if that makes any difference :p

Current spec

Engine:

-Standard internals 4efte

-Relocated air filter

-HDi FMIC

-0.7 bar CT9 Turbo using a HKS Actuator

-Boost gauge

-NGK Iridium Heat Range 7 Plugs

-Ported OEM exhaust manifold

-Heatwrapped SPS 2.25" Decat

-Heatwrapped Japspeed Stainless Steel Exhaust system

-Mine's ECU

Drivetrain/chassis:

-Standard suspension

-Toyo T1R tyres

Changes before Japfest 2 that are planned:

-Set boost at 1.0bar

-Civic dual core alloy rad, fresh red coolant

-CAP Clutch rated to 265ft/lb

-Standard Brembo vented front discs (ungrooved/undrilled)

-EBC RedStuff Pads

-Braided brake lines

-High Bpt Race brake fluid

-40mm PI lowering springs

-3 point OEM rear strut brace

-C-Pillar brace

Think that's about it..? Is there anything that is ESSENTIAL or recommended? But considering I am a poor student, so the minimum I need lol

Thanks

Amjad

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

dual core rad a must, i had to end mytracktime af japfest 1 early due to everheating

other then that it was great.

the rest isnt a must just nice ot haves IMO

Changes before Japfest 2 that are planned:

-Set boost at 1.0bar

-Civic dual core alloy rad, fresh red coolant

-CAP Clutch rated to 265ft/lb

-Standard Brembo vented front discs (ungrooved/undrilled)

-EBC RedStuff Pads

-Braided brake lines

-High Bpt Race brake fluid

-40mm PI lowering springs

-3 point OEM rear strut brace

-C-Pillar brace

Rob what was your spec like?

Craig forgot I have a boost gauge, I'll edit my post now :p

Looks like the car should be pretty potent and I just need the safety stuff then?

Anyone know how much a set of those 3 gauges would set me back (including any required fittings etc)?

100% oil pressure gauge decent tires. Toto t1r and anti lift kit rear anti roll bar c pillar not important. Might be best getting your bottom end checked and reshelled if it's needed. We check chesh last weekend and it wasn't knocking but his power stroke shell was right Down to the copper and just started to pickup. I will take picture Tomoz of the damage

I wouldn't have thought an oil cooler was necessary? Well at least for JF2 anyway as it's two 15 min sessions, may get one later down the line

Dan I cannot afford coilovers. Full stop lol. And springs do help as they are stiffer, beats my dragstar setup too lol

I'll try and get those 3 gauges, what accessories would I need bar the gauges themselves?

Change your oil the night before and check your tyre pressures. Then just go out and have a laugh...see what happens :p

See what happens..An optimistic yet scary prospect haha

Maybe I'm just being paranoid, but then again I'm not going out there for just a bit of fun and a chilled drive, I want to beat cars lol!

You wont need an oil cooler for a 15 minute track session, you need oil cooler if your on a all day track day session.

Definitely need oil pressure / temp gauge though :p

Also i'd just save and get coilovers. dont bother with lowing springs all they do is lower the car (like its says' on the tin) and not really improve handling.

pretty sure im not the only person that thinks lowering springs DO improve the handling, my car handles better with the zoom springs over standard any day.

dual core rad a must, i had to end mytracktime af japfest 1 early due to everheating

other then that it was great.

the rest isnt a must just nice ot haves IMO

i'm still not convinced that your problem is your rad rob.....! im sure its a head problem (should have bought my spare one from my other forged engine lol 0

rob you also have a hks fcd to stop your standard ecu giving fuel cut a walbro fuel pump and it does have 40 mm lowering springs and vented discs ,it also has an air filter relocation kit...

and the hks adjustable actuator set to 1 bar boost pressure is a must if he wishes to keep up lol..

im assuming the mines ecu will stop your fuel cut yeah?

Ive just bought myself an oil cooler but it doesnt actually require one for 15 mins mate, and if its your first track session just go out take it easy and enjoy it mate

she's been good as gold since mate and been ragging it as always :p, just not full track attack style lol

i'm still not convinced that your problem is your rad rob.....! im sure its a head problem (should have bought my spare one from my other forged engine lol 0

rob you also have a hks fcd to stop your standard ecu giving fuel cut a walbro fuel pump and it does have 40 mm lowering springs and vented discs ,it also has an air filter relocation kit...

and the hks adjustable actuator set to 1 bar boost pressure is a must if he wishes to keep up lol..

im assuming the mines ecu will stop your fuel cut yeah?

Ive just bought myself an oil cooler but it doesnt actually require one for 15 mins mate, and if its your first track session just go out take it easy and enjoy it mate

no sorry its got lowering springs on stock shocks so handles good :p

didnt have a problem keepin up with the much more powerfull black s14a

i personally wouldnt bother with coilovers as a decent set of springs and shocks IMO can make a car handle much better and you can still have some street comfort ,

coilovers are more of a track only or stance whore option for me.

Wow, no suspension mods? You looked pretty fast round there too haha

bollocks to paying attention to gauges on track .

you should be paying attention to where your going and as flat out as posible!!!!!

agree with socks if the oil pressure drops rapidly or enough for the thing to be needing a rebuild its already done enough damage tbh , plus a starlet engine aint exactly expensive to find another one.