problem with crank seals, help needed before I change them.

Right I recently rebuilt my engine and from day one both crank seals have leaked!

I know lots of people have had the same problem with them so I was just wondering is there a certain way to fit them or any reason why they shit theirselves?

By the way they were leaking before the car even seen boost because I had to take it for MOT with no boost pipe so that wasnt the issue.

I am also running the stock PCV with a cusco catch can just on the breather and the other port on the catch can venting to atmosphere so dont think thats the problem?

Any help or info is greatly appreciated as I will be chaning them again this weekend along with a new A.C.T 6 puck clutch so really need to get it right this time!

Thanks Lewis

Might sound daft but i used to work on the production line at nissan and we were told not to touch the oil seals with your bare hands as it fucks them,something to do with the sweat on your hands.

u can get proper seal kitting tools or use black tap on the crank.

having the same problem fella. just think thr cheap seals. u should have seen a toyota head gasket fit on the block deck, it was shocking, but same as the cheap after market. makes me think its all in the pakaging

did you not use new ones when you rebuilt the engine??

Yea I did, came with the oem full gasket set.

Will try not to handle them with bare hands and pack them with grease then, cheers

IF my crank is worn then what can be done other than having the crank ground or replacing it?

I have a few cranks but really want to avoid changing it.

Like you say if it's a groove the easy fix is to try and get the seal to sit about 1-1.5mm further out. Other than that I think you can get shaft repair sleeves but I think they change the size of the seal needed. You could get a sleeve that has the same o/d as the crank seal face and machine the crank down so that the sleeve is a tight interference fit onto it. But I would not want to do that to the flywheel end!

Gavin