just a quick one...

im going to upgrade the brakes on my ep95 soon. if im using a heavy duty kit on the front like 4 pots, can i upgrade the rear drums at all?

ive taken the drums off and the shoes are fairly worn and will need replacing quite soon. now im not after any kind of mega money disc conversion but is there any simple upgrades like heavier duty shoes or anything? just so i get an all over better braking feel with the car?

and finally if not - is there any easier way of getting new brake shoes than going through toyota? like any other models in the starlet range that use the same shoes?

cheers

rich

well going by a thread i read the other day about peoples handbrakes being rubbish with rear discs and better with drums id say your probably already one step ahead. im sure you can get brembo drums for the starlets and get some new shoes and handbrake cables and its probably gonna be a fine setup. im not sure if the 4wds are the same drumbrake tho since everythin at the backs alot more involved.

Id leave the drums Rich save some money and i swear the rears do hardly any of the braking anyway so decent front brakes will stop you. The Irish lads were out braking me at llandow weejohn and ted and they had drums on.

i used to run ferodo sport shoes on my mini rear drums, fantastic shoe tbh, i also ran alloy drums, its a cast alloy drum with alloy cooling fins on the housing for cooling benifits, and an iron band inside for the shoes to contact (as they would eat the alloy in mins) im not sure if the alloy drums are available but the ferodo shoes should be and they in them selves are a good upgrade from a stock shoe dude :)