Lush Car Mate!

Racing Green is only a stone throw from me!

You local to Basingstoke / Reading? Would love to go out in this! would pay you for your petrol! :)

• 4 weeks later...

And heres a review with some more pics!

And lots of the body parts are made in south africa. however the car is made in the UK

So you may know that i recently sold my BMW for a Noble M12. I was considering three cars after the BMW. The TVR T350, Lotus Exige S 240 and the Noble. after doing some research the Noble began to be the best option. The insurance difference was huge. Noble came in at around £1700 with the mods declared, the Lotus was £2550 and the TVR was around £3900. Being 22 with 1 years no claims, i didn't think the Noble quote was bad at all ( i was paying around 4k on the BMW!)

I then had to consider practicality. The Noble has no boot, no glovebox etc.As with any sports car there is a knack to getting in and out without looking like a twat, but something you get used to fairly soon. It is a lot easier to get into than the Lotus though!. The cockpit (it does feel like a plane in there!) is fairly snug but at the same time its spacious and comfortable. There are no creature comforts inside apart from A/C. The seats are supportive, however i had to move it forward by an inch or two as im a short ass!. An easy job to do though.Almost the whole interior is leather and Alcantara. The roof is diamond stitched and the roll cage is also covered in Alcantara. The seats etc are a dark red which suits the car.

I was sceptical on comfort on long drives, so decided i was going to take it to Le Mans. I did 2 and a bit tanks of fuel (full tank is only around £50) from St Albans to Allencon (40 mins from Le Mans) I had no troubles on the drive, apart from the stereo being on the other side of the car, Luckily you are given a remote for that! I got out after having an awesome drive down the D438 (a great road) and more fun than the Autoroute and had no feelings of being tired or achy. This was turning out to be a very surprising car in many ways.

My brother described the car as a jet. Starting the engine has a procedure, and once the button is pressed the engine turns over for a while before erupting into life and settling down.The exhaust is noisy but you can still have a conversation even at full throttle. The gearbox took a day or so to get used to, mainly the change between 2nd and 3rd. 3rd is a little further to the right than in most cars. There is no doubt that you have to be very precise with your gear-changes but the feel is very mechanical and solid. Heal and toe is tricky, but again after a few days in the car its not a problem

Now for the handling, which can only be described as superb. It feel stuck to the road and very responsive. you can almost tell what the road surface is like through the wheel. This is where my BMW was lacking. I live in an area with many good bendy roads, and i had to really man-handle the Bimmer to get it to do what i want, and even then there was a fair amount of body roll and rear skittishness (is that a word). The Noble goes exactly where you point it and as far as i can tell, it just will not understeer!. If you push it a bit too much the rear end just steps out to let you know, but its incredibly controllable and you never feel like your not in control. You can carry much more speed into the corners, however its very deceptive because of the way it tackles them. As an example, i was leaving the M1 in luton, which has a large roundabout followed by a kink onto a dual carriageway. I left the lights with a bit of boost, and went round the corner quickly, but not too aggressively. I looked at the speedo and found i was travelling quicker than i had thought.(of course under 60!).You feel the bumps, but isn't as crashy as the BMW was.

The fact of the matter is, the Noble is an exiting, ridiculous car to drive. The experience is like nothing i have ever driven before. The amount of upgrades available to the engine and also the chassis is endless, and i can see myself keeping the car for a while.

It is definitely one of those cars that gets comments when you park up and people gawp at you when you drive by. The only downside is that you do get chavs in their saxo's and corsa's sitting on your bumper, obviously wanting you to put your foot down. The bonus is that anyone in front always makes room for you to go past, and on the motorway ive never seen people move back into the middle lane so fast!. At the end of the day its one of those cars that is an experience every time you drive it, puts a smile on your face every time and one of those cars that you just have to turn around and look at once more when you walk away from it....

DSC_0289.jpg

DSC_0287.jpg

DSC_0283.jpg

DSC_0278.jpg