found this tonight

Not ripping it out it's wired to the ecu just wanted a bit of info on it and what would be needed for it to work properly people have to learn some how

Not ripping it out it's wired to the ecu just wanted a bit of info on it and what would be needed for it to work properly people have to learn some how

everything in the engine is standard and it was running 1.2 bar. yikes .

fuel cut defenders stop the engine cutting out when it gets above the preset max boost level. if you install one of these and up the boost past 0.8bar without using at least a rising rate fuel pressure regulator ( rrfpr ) the engine wont be able to fuel it properly. the rrfpr is the very least that should be done but a piggyback ecu is the prefered method

hope that helps out a bit lol im not to clued up myself

Oh dear.. as said if you havn't got a RRFPR then rip that out and put the boost back to standard. You my not be as quick for now but i'd rather that than have to pay for a new engine!

Thanks for the help guys I'll get a rrfpr when I get the money its now running 0.9 Thanks to the tuning garage that stopped it over boosting for me would it be worth getting a boost controller ? I've had the car about a week now it's a fresh import I'll get an engine pic up in a bit as on my iPhone at the moment thanks again guys :-D

do you have an adjustable actuator?

look down infront of the manifold heat sheilding, is the bar that goes accross to the turbo threaded?

(i just cant work out why it would be boost creeping with a seeminly standard engine, and im guessing it must be an adjustable actuator, or how would the garage have adjusted it?)

What they've replaced is only a vac line for the standard re-circ dump valve isn't it?! :S

I'm pretty sure this won't lower the boost.

If you have a standard actuator on the turbo, then the person who had it before might of bent the arm to increase boost.

Ahh I re-read, It's not a vac line take off. It actually goes to the solenoid so it probably is doing it's job ;)

Still have a look at the actuator though like somebody said before me. It's just in front of the heat shield on the manifold down between the radiator.