• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

I went down to the DVLA office in newcastle today to ask when i can register the ek9, what a result for some reason i thought i couldn't register it untill the 15th of june. But it turns out i can register it on the 1st ;) only problem the 1st is a sunday :D so looks like it will be the 2nd.

Just won a set of S2000 alloys on ebay for the bargin price of £20 with tyres :D only problem now is i need to find another set because i can only use the fronts because the rears are 7.5j wide ;) the bonus is they are only 12 mile from where i live, plus there is another set in manchester so i will have a bid on them as i am always working in manchester at least once a week.

Here you go mate, they need refurbing as they are corroding a bit but there is no curb damage ;) if they fit they will be going Takata green, if they dont fit they will just be getting sold on.

b347_11.jpg

b4c7_11.jpg

Went and picked the alloys up yesterday, the rears deffo dont fit lol. I am after another set to get the fronts off them. The tyres will be changed for a smaller proifile and the wheels will be painted. The ek9 is an amazing car but it is by no means perfect and does need modding a lot to get the best from it, these alloys are only going to be for shows anyway the standard ones will be on the car most of the time and i wouldn't say enkei alloys were shit.

DSC_0049-1.jpg

DSC_0048-1.jpg

DSC_0047-1.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
Not a fan of them sorry.

The EK9 was built to be a hardcore track car by Honda designers and engineers. Clearly you know more than them by having to change things.

The only EK9 which was built to be a hardcore track car was the race base model which come without the all of the comforts eg the recaros aircon ect. I dont claim to know more than them but if the ek9 was perfect from the factory then why do companies such as spoon, mugen, toda, 5zigen, ect make aftermarket products for it? surely it would be pointless. And i am deffo not putting the wheels on, and Galliano i have no idea who Jim is and yeah they are s2k alloys. Oh and the car should finally be on the road by monday/tuesday depending if the dvla pull their fingers out.

How is this compared to 4efte? Which is faster?

Compared to a standard 4efte the civic will eat it, but if you get a 4efte with about 160-170bhp i would say they would leave the civic purely because of how much extra torque the gt will have.

wow i didnt know type rs are 5 stud,looks CLEAN man,hows your white gt coming along?bte your old black gt now lives by me and is owned by a cap wearing limiter boucing chav:(

I finished the white one mate and sold it to my mates girlfriend as i wasn't going to pay the stupid money adrian flux were wanting for my renewal as it only had a cat 2 on it. The lad who bought it off me phoned me up a few weeks ago because he cut through the abs wires trying to fit an hks fcd :) he wanted to know where the ecu was, it has just been mapped and is running 180bhp now. I wish i hadn't sold the car when i did i could have been still driving it until now :sad:

Dont worry mate the standard alloys are still on the car, 16's are too big for it only bought them as i was going to paint them and use them for the shows but i cant be arsed buying another set for the fronts.

The lad who bought it off me phoned me up a few weeks ago because he cut through the abs wires trying to fit an hks fcd :lol: he wanted to know where the ecu was, it has just been mapped and is running 180bhp now. I wish i hadn't sold the car when i did i could have been still driving it until now :sad:

Honestly?ohh my god!!...oh dear,what the fuck,mapped on a stock ecu and he doesnt even know where it is?180bhp?:S

what a chav...cant wait to see him and give him a talking...what a tardis,bet you wish you never sold it now do you:(