Brakes: Which ones WMS or Wilwoods

Buying new brakes soon but i am wondering what peoples thoughts are on either a new set of WMS brakes or buying a 2nd hand set of Willwoods.

The brakes are two pot for the WMS and 4 pot for the Willlwoods, what differences are there over running 2 vs 4 pots

Car is just a track car with a few miles on the road.

Recommendations?

I'd say both are equal in terms of braking performance and quality and many people use both in all makes of car.

With the WMS they will be brand new and you will have all the customer support and future upgrades/consumable replenish you will ever need.

With the Wilwoods you will not as they are 2nd hand, the brand is however well established.

If you prefer your parts brand spankers then its a no brainer that you should consider WMS as a very decent alternative.

Enzo uses WMS and I have my set sitting in the spare bedroom waiting on Jays Garage to fit them (upgrading from twinpots).

Perfect when you are upgrading your blower and at times when you need that late stopping power confidence on the track :)

Hope this helps.

Joz

Wise words Jozinobi, i think buying new is the way forward with a WMS kit. Like you said you get warrenty and after sales support too. :)

Thanks

I'd say both are equal in terms of braking performance and quality and many people use both in all makes of car.

With the WMS they will be brand new and you will have all the customer support and future upgrades/consumable replenish you will ever need.

With the Wilwoods you will not as they are 2nd hand, the brand is however well established.

If you prefer your parts brand spankers then its a no brainer that you should consider WMS as a very decent alternative.

Enzo uses WMS and I have my set sitting in the spare bedroom waiting on Jays Garage to fit them (upgrading from twinpots).

Perfect when you are upgrading your blower and at times when you need that late stopping power confidence on the track :o

Hope this helps.

Joz

i have the heavy duty wms kit and its spot on. loads of stopping power. you put any 4 pot kit on a light car like a starlet and its going to stop on its nose.