Air filter relocation kit / em light on

Just fitted relocation kit and its now spiking at 12psi throwing on the engine management light. i take the engine management light is due to the boost? is there anything i can do? the car has got full stainless (cat fitted), 1st and 2ndboost mod and thats it. help please?, was boosting at 10psi pre relocation kit. its goes to 10psi but then spikes to 12psi. am i going to cause damage? and how do stop the light coming on?

thanks

kirsty

Definatly sounds like boost creep and fuel cut which is common when re-locating the the air filter to the front,

1) I would definatly get the wastegate ported on the turbo to eliminate boost creep,

2) get a FCD and FPR or an aftermarket self learn ecu which will remove fuel cut, speed cut and raise rev limit etc

3) change your manifold to an aftermarket one if you are still using the stock one as 1bar on a stock manifold will kill your engine eventually i.e melted 3rd piston.

Hope this helps!

glanza's put the eml on when they get close to hitting fuel cut, but not actually hitting it....

so yeh your problem is creep and the ecu is doin its job in protecting you from overboosting. you may find it gets worse at night/when its colder...