Cheers mate! ;)

Ahh so it is lol.. I'll remember for next time, Cheers mate :(

I Cant believe that a EP82 is faster then a BMW 535d Sport lol let alone half the cars on the list, ;) think i have underestimated my car as i havnt yet had the chance to compare it to any other cars :)

and a VXR Vectra is 161 where as the GT Turbo is 160, Man my boss is going to love this website lol

• 1 year later...

Power to weight figures doesn't mean your necessarily faster... traction, suspension, tyres, they all play a part :)

Being light does help though.

so does gearing and areodynamics

but it gives you a decent idea as i pulled away from an 11 plate Nissan GTR and my bhp/tonn is 315 and theres is 309 i comfortably pulled away (not massivly but enough to.make him.regret spending 60k car haha)

till 5th then it started to scream up behind me but hey its a 500+ bhp 3.8 twin turbo haha

bhp/tonn with out driver or passengers accounted for both had a passenger tho

Edited by Jack-CTR

Yup there not that quick, really

as above look at the power to weight,

after a certain speed it was alot quicker as brute force aways wins eventualy, and launching its 4wd.. but 60-130 it wasnt as quick ( on a privrate run way)

Not really, you would accelerate faster, but only if you can get the extra 120 horses nailed to the floor :p

Hence the reason why rally cars are restricted to 300bhp, but they put out crazy torque.

A different box is kinda hard as it would depend on what the ratios are. Too short and you'll top out too quick, if you got 280bhp, it doesn't take long to reach 130mph. I believe it would be beneficial in raising the rev limit rather than changing ratios, as long as the engine is still able to produce power beyond the original limiter, especislly against something which can change gear quicker than you can blink :D

Edited by AdamB

Yeah higher speed it helps alot more :-/ may build a cone.for the front of glanza to help with this haha

therea a table somewhere showing.the areodynamic efficiancy of cars

my mates westfield is on par with the areodynamics of a house brick haha

he out weighs this by a 250 bhp.rx8.engine and 500 kg haha

Edited by Jack-CTR

That again depends what the car is used for. If you want it good for a top speed run you will want the friction coefficient to be as low as possible. If your building a time attack/circuit car you will want it to be as high as possible, as it helps in slowing the vehicle down for corners.

The average modern vehicle has a friction coefficient of around 0.35, an F1 car has the CF at around 1.2. Massive difference.